Hey and help!!!! Chick in need! :P

PsychDrift

Car
none yet...
Hey all, just thought I would post a wee thing saying hi and getting to the point of why Im here. I am not a drifter...not even a driver yet but I have been into drifting for years!

Currently helping my man fix his Skyline but the glorious Scottish weather called off that game! So we are currently plodding around in an MX5 until we get the SR20DET conversion for the R32 sorted! So yeah, thats me basically. Currently a psychology student and am in my final year....which is the other reason why I here.........

So, this might be a bit of a weird one but..... I am a student within the School of Psychological Sciences at the University of Strathclyde. I am seeking individuals to take part in my dissertation research “’Drifting’ away from negative perceptions: A personality study of those who take part in the extreme sport of drifting”.

This research will examine any differences and similarities found within certain personality characteristics of those who take part in drifting, extreme sports, non-extreme sports and those who do not take part in sports. It is hoped that the results will suggest that those who take part in drifting and extreme sports not only personally benefit from participation but that these individuals should be encouraged rather than discouraged from taking part. I would like to gain assistance from those who fall within one of these categories and are aged 18 or older.

The research shall take the form of a brief questionnaire that should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. Please click the link for more info and to progress onto the questionnaire, I am desperate for drifters in order to complete this study so any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions you can post them here or email myself with the address provided in the link.

Thank you!
https://hass.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SI...p2wzP9fdGE1Mr3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Teo
We don't normally allow new members to post links but as this is for academic research I have bent the rules for you. I wish you all the best in your dissertation.

Hi and welcome to TC forums from fellow former Skyline Owner. Interesting conversion for a Skyline taking the RB block out for an SR unit.
I'm a boring grumpy old man who's most extreme sport is climbing over the stile to get into the field to take dogs for a walk so don't think I'll be much use for your questionnaire but I'll take a look.

Thank you for bending the rules for me :) I apologise for breaching rules but I really am on a tight deadline with this one! So I'm whoring out this link wherever I can! Ive even managed to get a pro drifter or two to fill it in :) so thanks obi_waynne :) it is much appreciated!

Teo, I am interested in drifting :p plus this is the first time this sport has been covered in an academic setting like this. So it seemed appropriate to have a bash at it! You never know, there is a slim chance ill get published (very slim!!) but If I do then it'll give all psychologists an insight into the personality of us folks and why we drift. Well maybe not why, but it will (if I get the predicted results) show that it is not a sport that should not be frowned upon and those who take part gain from it rather than just being classed a adrenaline junkies.

Yugguy, if my ethics committee didnt pick up on that then I aint fixing it just now! :p but tanks for completing one for me :)

And finally, Arial Andy. You can fill In a questionnaire if you wish :) I don't just need Drifters I need people that take part in Extreme shorts, non-extreme sports and those that don't take part in any sports at all. So you'll fit in there somewhere :) feel free to fill one out. The skyline is admittently all my mans idea. He has the sr20 from his old s14 and when we get the chance its getting pulled out and wedged into the skyline :D

Thanks a lot for your help folks! I really appreciate it! I need 300 participants all in all so I've got a lot of work to do to get there!

Thanks for the help guys! Its very much appreciated, feel free to pass this onto your friends....I need all the help I can get!

yugguy, I'm not sure if I would class it as an extreme sport. It has the danger or risk level I would associate with an extreme sport, but not the commitment issue that usually goes with them too. If you get what I mean. For example rock climbing and extreme skiing, once you start you're pretty much commited till the end, there's no way you can decide 'nah, I can't be arsed doing this' half way up a mountain on a free climb, but I guess you could back out a fight with relative ease. A bruised ego maybe :p

I dunno - maybe before but no boxer wants to throw in the towel half-way through a fight and there is a massive rush of adrenaline before a fight - sometimes I used to shiver uncontrollably until the bell went and it started. I do understand what you mean though, once you are on the rockface that's it, there is no option to back out.

I found your questions interesting - there were no easy answers which there shouldn't be in this kind of study.

There are always exceptions but I've sometimes found people who proclaim to be "extreme" and "edgy" are actually tedious bores who'd be terrified of anything really dangerous, but those who do put their life on the line tend to just get on with it.

Glad you enjoyed it :) its quite unique in psychology to have a study like this. As far as Im aware im the first to consider drifters, so its pretty much untouched ground. The is plenty that shows the benefits of extreme sports in that the people who take part in them show elevated levels of positive personality traits. I just thought it would be interesting given that im into drifting and although Its still a fairly unknown sport its popularity is growing. I hoping to show that drifters benefit in the same way that extreme sports participants do.

Hello Stacey,
Another one done for you! |B Please keep us informed as to the final results IF we are CAR CRAZY, crazy or just boringly normal??? :rofl:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back