Hey all, quick introduction here

Nichebenice

Car
93' Probe 2.0 l4
Really glad i came across this forum, looks very promising.
Could write a book of an intro, but I'll try to keep it short and simple.
NW U.S., 24, Male.
Current car: 93' Ford Probe, 2.0 DOHC l4, 5 speed. Never been a Ford guy, but already in love with this car and the potential i see in it under all the neglect. Doubt that this car even remembers it's glory days after seing how it's been treated so far, but i can see it surpassing them with some time and effort, and every penny i can find in the process.
Too many restorations and modifications/upgrades are needed to list here, so I'll try to find an appropriate place to cover it all in a post, but so far it's gone from 'Please make it to the gas station and back' to a 100 mile a day average commute and running like a champ.
Thanks for the welcome.

Hi and belated welcome to the TC forums
You can start a project thread to show your progress, we all need encouragement and seeing someone elses efforts helps :)
Ford Probe was short lived over here in UK. Combination between Mazda and Ford wasn't it? Most of the ones sold over here are 2.5 V6 engined. Still good looking car today and pretty rare here, can't remember last time I saw one on the road.

Hi and belated welcome to the TC forums
You can start a project thread to show your progress, we all need encouragement and seeing someone elses efforts helps :)
Ford Probe was short lived over here in UK. Combination between Mazda and Ford wasn't it? Most of the ones sold over here are 2.5 V6 engined. Still good looking car today and pretty rare here, can't remember last time I saw one on the road.
Thanks! Wanted to share some info/progress, and answer some FAQ on the car since there isn't a lot of info on the web.
The MKll is pretty much a Mazda MX-6, with a few minor contributions from Ford. Ford really only designed the shell and interior, plus a few of Ford's (personally irritating) layout habits.
Not too many of them over here in the states, especially stock and in running condition. they got a bit of a bad reliability reputation, but mine's been great.
I've heard they're fairly rare in the UK, especially the l4, something like 705 registered there in 2016. I heavily recomend a ride in one: a bit weak in a straight shot, but handles like it's on rails and has remarkable pick up and braking response.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back