Help!!

Jsullivan

Car
Mg zr 1.8i
Hi my name is jay I'm 33 and looking to improve my MG ZR 1.8i , not a lot of money and not the best mechanic but am very good at turning my hand to everything. Is there anything I can do to it as a beginner? Hope to here of any advice soon. Thanks

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

Is it the 120? Let's assume it is. Best place to start would be the breathing, fit an enclosed induction kit and a good cold air feed. Do not bother with fitting an open cone onto the throttle body, all you will get is noise and warm air being sucked in. Also go for a cat-back free flowing exhaust. If you want more then go the VVC route. However it may pay to buy a 160 to start with. Other areas would be the handling which can be sharpened up a bit as too the brakes and fit those from the 160 or ZS180.

What sort of things have you got in-mind for it?

Hi Stamford. I'm not to sure if its a 120 or not, how do I find this out? Lucky you said about the filter was just about to buy open cone so helped me already :) . I'm just looking for more poke and sound really for starters. I am a beginner so not looking to go to mad as of yet but in time I will be able too. I've been looking at chips is this a good idea and are they easy to fit? Thank you for your reply mate and hope I don't become a nuisance to anyone :-(

There are some good and bad things associated with performance chips, you need to do your research well. Given the opportunity it is always best to have the car remapped by a pro. I am sure stamford will know best here!
Don't worry about becoming a nuisance buddy, a question is a question and we will do our best to answer you.

Ok So the chip/ remap is a pro jobbie then. Cool, gives me an idea on cost and will research well to. Cheers for the reply pal.

Thanks for links pal, gonna wait to hear from Stamford about chip first as don't want to go in head first but you have given me more than enough info for now which is apreciated :)

Thanks for links pal, gonna wait to hear from Stamford about chip first as don't want to go in head first but you have given me more than enough info for now which is apreciated :)

Absolutely, not a problem, stamford is the main man and his wisdom is without question! Good luck buddy ;)