Help with Ford Fiesta MKIII 95 - Styling

jizy

Wrench Pro
I have a Fiesta MkIII 95 1.1 LX and want to do a bit of work to it. It is in mint condition but I would like to make it look a bit sportier. I was thinking of getting some of the parts from the bigger engine versions with the better trim for example the alloys.

Anyone help and tell me what problems I may have and best way to do it. I want a new exhaust but being a 1.1 don't want a loud one, with the wheels I don't want any bigger than 16" and would like to lower the car a bit. I don't want to play with the engine as theres no point with a 1.1

Cheers,

Josh

Keep it in stock standard factory trim and tune. Insurers hate anyhting modified, even if it's just visual. It adds to the stealability of the car. Ramp up your no-claims bonus with a year or two clear of accidents or tickets. Save up some cash and then go spend it on a really good piece of machienry.

Obviously you're gonna need something to listen to, so fit it with an audio system that can be grafted into your next car.

Sony stuff can be purchased for a decent price at caraudiocentre.co.uk. Fit your car up with a Thatcham Cat1 approved alarm/immobiliser and if you're still into styling it then have a browse at the torquecars web shop or espdesign.co.uk for a decent front and rear lip and some tasty sideskirts.

Bah, i dont agree with dont mod your first car and get some NCB, gives you some practice for when you do get something bigger! You dont want to mess up a 3grand car, but its ok if its your car that cost about £600.

Anyway. I wouldnt go any bigger than 15s if i were you. That way you can lower it a nice bit. If you got alloys you can also transfer them over to the next car (if they have the right number of studs).

Try and tidy it up, debadge it, mop it, colour code it, de-strip it. Got any pictures?

Dont however go for the first body kit and lexarse lights you can find ;)

Agreed. Keep it simple - make a nice environment in which to drive.

Get an interior valet and some luxury mats. They keep road noise down as well.

But, you gotta have something to listen to :)