help!!!! warning light came on

Ben30190

Wrench Pro
Car
mg zr 105 (pants)
just changed pads, discs, centre section and back box. took a couple hours due to snapped and seized bolts, left radio on the whole time but the car didnt struggle to turn over, fired straight away. but then a noticed the battery light came on:amazed::confused: flickered off and on for a few mile. turned off just as a pulled on the drive.... please enlighten me people...

Have you got any amps or subs on with your radio? Do you have to turn the ignition on for the radio to work or just use the accessory position on the ignition switch. If your car started first time then obviously there was sufficent power left in the battery to do this, but the battery will require more recovery time to charge after you have removed power from it to run the stereo and a few miles up the road may just have been enough to switch of the battery light.

Do yourself a favour and take the car for a longer run and see if the car is ok in the morning after a night out in the colder weather. Hopefully you should'nt have any issues with the battery performance now.

Have you got any amps or subs on with your radio? Do you have to turn the ignition on for the radio to work or just use the accessory position on the ignition switch. If your car started first time then obviously there was sufficent power left in the battery to do this, but the battery will require more recovery time to charge after you have removed power from it to run the stereo and a few miles up the road may just have been enough to switch of the battery light.

Do yourself a favour and take the car for a longer run and see if the car is ok in the morning after a night out in the colder weather. Hopefully you should'nt have any issues with the battery performance now.
i went to take the car out in the morning to give it a long run but when i got in and turned the ignition on all that happened was a load clicking from the solenoid and the horn went.. so im not sure if its the alternator not charging the battery or if the battery is bust

check for loose wiring and the contacts on the battery. also check the altinator for anything obvious. also worth getting a multimeter out and checking the voltages with the car off and then running