Hello world.

Car
Unspecified
Please don't just TL;DR this.

Hi there, I'm James, and I'm 18 and from Houston, Texas, until I recently moved just outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm not in any way car savvy, but I would like to be. I know how to do car basics, like to push the accelerator to brake and the clutch to speed up... wait no that's not right, I'm only joking of course. But I do know the basics on how to change my own engine oil, change a tire, replace the spark plugs, and headlights, but I want to be able to do more than just basics, and actually be able to have a car I can use just to have fun and do work on. I currently own 2 cars. One is a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire coupe, with a 2.2 liter engine, and manual transmission, while the other is, and please don't tease me for this as I just recently acquired it, a few 1998 Dodge Neon, with God knows what engine and a standard transmission. It has had no modifications, is all stock and I got it for 300 because it is badly in need of repair. I figure that I can at least do my best to fix it up and make it comfortable to drive again, because right now, it runs and gets me from point A to point B, but it's not great. Now my real question is which should I focus on for modifications and which should I make my daily driver. Once again, thank you and I apologize if you saw this and TL;DR'd at it.

Hi and welcome to TC forums:cool:
Not really familiar with either of those models here in UK but if the Neon is anything to do with the Chrysler Neon we had here years ago it was based on even older Hyundais. The Pontiac sounds more interesting but if you want to practise on something first then the Dodge might be the one to do that on. Off the shelf parts might be a problem.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.
Sorry for my slow reply, I've been so busy behind the scenes on here lately I have some major catching up to do.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Oh and I would focus on handling mods first, suspension, brakes etc. Then when you've saved some money put this into engine mods.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back