Hello people!

M

ManchesterLad

Hello guys and gals. Im new to the site and thought id say hello. Im from manchester uk. Im 35 years young. My car is a vw golf mk6 gt tdi 2.0l 2009 cr 140 remapped by celtic tuning to 206 bhp 298 ftlbs torque. Upgraded slotted and dimpled brake discs and upgraded rear led taillights with golf r mk7 18" wheels. The car was nippy to start with but now it goes like the wind and does 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds. Looking forward to speaking to and learning from like minded people :)

Hi and welcome to TC forums
Cracking choice of family car there. +1 on your clutch, they were never designed to take that much force through them. If you get a chance to dyno it, take it as Celtic tend to be a bit 'optimistic' on their figures. The Turbo on these tends to run out of puff around the 190hp mark. A hybrid unit would see those figures but then you're into a whole different area of upgrades.
How do you find your tyre wear? These cars are notorious for front tyre wear creating a loud droning noise. I find I get around 6-8 thousand miles out the front

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back