Hello! new here.

i dont like clio's at all, and know a couple of people who have also test drived them - not very nice, imo - no offence to clio owners.
the metro i learned in was about 15 years ago, and not really sure in coomparison to a Corsa - have never driven one.
Although they couldnt compare to hatchback novas

yeah to be honest thats what I thought, its just the metro is great fun to drive. Dya reckon maybe a metro gti, im on the look out for one at the moment

Metro Gti's are quick cars for what they are. 1.6, Twin Cam 16v, multipoint injection if I remember rightly. They are a little beast with some choice mods it would be a very quick car.

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. The metro GTi is a cracking little car. Not a lot of weight so it is really nippy.

alright, uh 1st I think probably replace bonnet and boot lid with lighter materials, get some decent tyres and wheels. basically make sure the physical base is there and then once Ive got the money start on the engine. but im completley new to modding so input is most welcome lol.

Making the car lighter is always a good start, and something a lot of people often forget when thinking about modding a car. After making the car lighter I would then concentrate on suspension mate. Make the car fun to drive and make it so it can habdle the extra power you plan to add.

I guess you can choose either glass fibre or carbon fibre. The latter is lightest but quite expensive.

if your after fiberglass give these guys a shout
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fibreglass-Supplies-UK
i got there D kit 5mtrs of 450g/mtr fiberglass, gallon of resisn and 100ml of harderner for £32 including postage.now compare this to the kits you get out of halfords etc bout a £10 for a 1/3mtr sheet a small bottle of resisn and hardener ( which there aint enough of ).

of course this means that you would have to build the parts yourself

you could use the existing shell to make the mould. cover it in masking tape, then a coat of resin.
2 options then - 1 soak the fiberglass in the resin then apply, 2 apply the fiberglass then "paint" on the resin.
Old git would be the man to talk to as hes basiclly rebuilding his elan using fiberglass to begin with

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back