Hello from Texas !!

Dewey

Car
Many Audis
I have a few Audis and a couple are needing repairs. Sure would appreciate the advise of people who know what they are talking about. Thank you in advance !!

Currently I have a 2003 Allroad 2.7 (daughter in laws car) with what appears to be a crappy torque converter (Howls like a wolf !!). Mileage is about 73K (pretty low for the year). I purchased a rebuilt one with a slightly higher stall speed (about 500 rpm higher than stock). I've also bought a timing belt kit with water pump (Gates blue racing belt). I've been quoted $2,800.00 US for the labor to install both by a company in Dallas (about 3 hours from where I live) Wondering if anyone thinks a mechanically inclined person like me could perform either of these repairs and save the labor money. I also have a 2006 A3 2.0 FSI (My handicapped son's car) with what appears to be a high pressure fuel pump failure. I would like to find a better than stock version to replace it and for sure a really good quality cam follower. I've watched some videos and this looks fairly simple to replace. Thanks.

Hi and welcome .Unfortunately I have no info about your cars so hope someone here can point you in the right direction.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Having worked on an Allroad with a friend I can say it is not easy changing the timing belt. We had to take off the engine, and had problems with sensors after it was put back together. All in all it took 3 weeks to get the car sorted out.

The torque convertor is not too bad a job if you have all the tools and can get under the car easily.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Having worked on an Allroad with a friend I can say it is not easy changing the timing belt. We had to take off the engine, and had problems with sensors after it was put back together. All in all it took 3 weeks to get the car sorted out.

The torque convertor is not too bad a job if you have all the tools and can get under the car easily.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Obi_waynne, I have access to a mechanic buddy who has indicated that he will reluctantly work on the torque converter. Can you give me a brief overview of your experience on your Allroad with swapping the torque converter and special things we should do or not do when tackling this? I read that I should put some fluid in the converter before installing it. My mechanic buddy mentioned "indexing it" while installing it. I just don' want to screw up or forget an important step. I'd hate to have to do this on my W12.

Obi_waynne, I have access to a mechanic buddy who has indicated that he will reluctantly work on the torque converter. Can you give me a brief overview of your experience on your Allroad with swapping the torque converter and special things we should do or not do when tackling this? I read that I should put some fluid in the converter before installing it. My mechanic buddy mentioned "indexing it" while installing it. I just don' want to screw up or forget an important step. I'd hate to have to do this on my W12.

Thank you so much obi-waynne.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back