Hello from rainy Seattle

GorillaxJax

Car
None at the moment
Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd say hello and explain the semi-awkward situation I am in right now - I don't own a car.

"But this is crazy, who registers to a car forum without actually owning a car?"

Good point. Up until recently (moved to Seattle for college) I was living in Northern California and driving around the obviously sporty 2010 Honda Accord LX (which I received from a family member who also went to college).
I unfortunately was not able to keep the car, but I have my eyes set on a 300ZX hopefully by summer (hopefully the Z32).

I'd like to think that I know my way around cars, but I am always striving to learn more (hence me reading a ton of articles for ~5 hours on here today and signing up) and am always open to feed back and insight from more experienced members.

See you all around the forums,

nomim814

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum buddy :)

Out of curiosity, which one is it? nomim184 as in your avatar or nomim814 in your signature? o_O......:)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and hopefully one of the most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for the 300zx? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

I am the original owner of a 1990, 300 ZX TT. It now has close to 290,000 miles on it and I have all the original maintenance and modification receipts. Still, I cannot not recommend buying a 28 year old car for anyone in need of semi-reliable transportation. I know this sounds like heresy coming from someone who has driven this 28-year-old hot-rod on a daily basis but unless you have a second car or plan to make your "Z" a "Hobby," car and have lots of money, you may be disappointed for the following reasons. OEM parts are getting hard to find even though there is a substantial after-market industry supporting Z's. At 28 years, things are breaking with no OBD codes, so your mechanic has to do a lot of guess work. It is a plumber's nightmare under the hood. Once a month, I have to retighten all the circle clamps or I lose boost pressure. The heat this thing generates will literally cook your wiring loom within 100,000 miles and the spark plug connectors will fall apart in your hands. Granted where I live in SoCal, the summer ambient temperatures are over 100 degrees Farhenhight and it is not properly vented for semi-arid climates. You will have to install a racing radiator. If one must have a Twin Turbo, I suggest you find one that was previously owned by someone like me, one owner, all receipts available, all maintenance done on time or proir to. High milage is not an issue if properly maintained and never over heated to the extent that the heads got warped or the gaskets blew. These drivelines are practically bulletproof. That being said, it's still a blast to drive and I will continue to modify it but after 28 years, I know most of it's quirks, I'm retired and make enough to justify my compulsion to continue to own and drive it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back