hello from Midwest USA

Gencouper

Car
13 Genesis Coupe v6
Rich, here -I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 v6 AT only mods are SRI ( K&N) would like to add more , but don't know what mods would give most bang for the buck so to speak

Greetings Rich and welcome to our TorqueCars forum buddy :)

I think I would have your cars ECU remapped for more power and replace the brake pads with something that produces a little more stopping power for now.

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
A remap is today's most cost effective upgrade. On a n/a engine you may only get a relatively small increase in power compared to the turbo engines but you will also get a lot more drivable engine. The torque will kick in and get to maximum much lower down the rev range and will probably have a longer smoother run which will make the car feel much better to drive.
Bigger increase then you could try joining a club specific to your model and seeing if there are upgrades like bigger injectors, sports cam, displacement enlargement etc that can be fitted and then mapped to suit.

Hi Rich,

Can't wait to see pics. Are you looking to do only performance mods or aesthetic ones as well?

[QUO. Looking at function all hood vents now , have you heard of that
?="Rvinyl, post: 283043, member: 34569"]Hi Rich,

Can't wait to see pics. Are you looking to do only performance mods or aesthetic ones as well?[/QUOTE]
Both

Nice. I can't recommend much for the performance side but I have a lot of ideas for the aesthetic/cosmetic ones. We just got ahold of a BMW 325xi and will be doing a complete make over. We just ordered a $1200 body kit from Duraflex to get started and are probably going to wrap the whole car in matte black, white or 4D carbon fiber immediately after that. Have you looked into a body kit yet?

Nice. I can't recommend much for the performance side but I have a lot of ideas for the aesthetic/cosmetic ones. We just got ahold of a BMW 325xi and will be doing a complete make over. We just ordered a $1200 body kit from Duraflex to get started and are probably going to wrap the whole car in matte black, white or 4D carbon fiber immediately after that. Have you looked into a body kit yet?
no, what does that look like when done?

no, what does that look like when done?

Here's an example of a body kit for the Genesis I found that I think is pretty hot. You can find a bunch online but my recommendation is that you go to a local shop unless you have worked with bondo and body kits before. I'll be posting my pics of the process as soon as we get the body kit in an I'm going to be adding photos today to show you and anyone who's interested the 325xi we have now.

Genesis-Toma-Body-Kit-1.jpg

Hello there and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's great to have you along. Thanks for joining up.

I'm sure you'll find us very friendly and helpful, get involved in our many topics and threads and feel free to ask for tuning tips and solutions to problems in our technical and make and model forums. ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back