Hello from a repeat visitor

Dubbey

Car
Passat Estate S 170
Hullo, long time lurker here. I've been driving a VW Passat Sport 170, but I managed to kill it last week. On the hunt for a replacement and I spent a lot of time tweaking my car off the back of posts here, so I thought I'd come and pick some brains and get suggestions for a replacement!
All thoughts welcome. Budget £3-6k

Cheers!

Hello and welcome.

What sort of car are you looking for?
Family? Sporty? Utility? Hybrid?
Hunchback? Estate? Saloon?

Hi, thanks.
At this stage honestly I'm open to anything. I don't need a family car, and I won't buy a soft top but otherwise that's it!

VR6 and G60 are lovely cars. Fast and fun (8})

I'm biased towards JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) cars and for £5-6k you can get tidy Impreza STIs from 2004-2006 (good years, before they went hunchback). The running costs are high, though, like any sports car, so think carefully before shooting for sports cars.

Alfa Romeo's give you a lot of car for your money but parts can be quite pricey.

Stick with the Vag group engines if that's your cup of tea and look into the Seat Leon, it's a blindingly good and well built car and is fun to drive plus is extremely practical and cheap to run.

I've had a look into all your suggestions so far, thanks for all the input. I'm leaning towards the seat, a friend has one for sale although it's only the 1.9. The cupra looks like an excellent buy if I can find a good deal! I'll keep you posted...

I did not, it wasn't in great condition unfortunately. The good news is my insurance has (finally) settled. I'm hunting around for either a Mazda6, a Leon Cupra or a Honda Civic, as all three look to be good value buys so long as I can find one in reasonable nick...

Quick update - Ended up buying an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce 2.0 (the 140, not the 170 bhp :( ). Bit more individual than anything else. It's not quite as rapid as I'd have liked but after some reflection, I bought something that would last a good 5 years without hassle instead of the fastest thing I could buy with more mileage. If anyone has suggestions as to what to do to take it from 140 to much higher i'm all ears...

Reeeeeeemaaaaaaaappp :woot:
Easiest way, no parts and will probably get you to the 170HP version as its usually the mapping manufacturers use to give 2 different models to the market. Effectively they're the same car ;b/

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back