Hello everyone

RaresC

Car
Passat B7 2.0TDI
Hello to everyone around here,

I am Rares, I'm 33 (and I am a alcoholic :))
I have a 2011 Passat B7 Variant 2.0L CRTDI with 195HP/460Nm.
When I first saw this "new" car back in 2010 at a dealership I said that it was so ugly.
5 years later I bought one and now I love it :)
I've started investing in it so I can recover some money from my employer (long story).
Thing is that it kinda got under my skin and I'm searching to do more and more to it.

What I've done so far:
1. Install new Bilstein B16 PPS10
2. Install MOMO revenge 18" rims
3. Install K&N cold air intake system (if anyone has a VW like mine I can give some info on how to do it... better than K&N guide)
4. Brembo XTRA brake discs with holes (I know that they are not great on track but they look cool)
5. I've tried with a Chinese knock-off hardware to break into my ECU and it broke into it :) That's how I ended up getting one from eBay towing my car to a tuner (best in the game in Belgium in my opinion) and getting a discount for coding + tuning the ECU. Car runs fine since then but you guessed it....new clutch incoming. What are your suggestions?

I want to get more power but I don't want to get any smoke.
I was thinking of a new turbo+water/methanol injection for better combustion and fuel burned in the mixture.

All this come from a newby that likes to get things done properly by his hands. By the way I do my oil change+filters alone (chiper and I know what goes in the engine)

Thanks.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back