Hello everyone

blagard

Car
mk1 granada coupe 3
Hi. Just to intro myself or more importantly my car. I am about 70% of the way through a bare metal build of a 74 mk1 granada coupe. its uk spec, 3lt auto and ive been playing with it (money allowing) since I picked it up from a car dealer 20 plus years ago. In fact I swapped it for the Passat estate I pulled up in.
As Im not sure if this will hit the forum I will wait and see before attempting another post. regards Blagard

Greetings blagard and a warm welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

New posts only get deleted if the member posts up weblinks or photos and they have not reached the magic 10 posts first; this rule helps us to deter the spammers who plague this site. Once you reach 10 posts your name will feature in bold print and your ready to go ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Your father in law would be proud to see his hard work still around though now its all superflex bushed.
I can see by looking through the forum and subject guides that you really get your cars buzzing. maybe im going to be a little more toned down with my project but i hope the mods I make will help push the basic car in the right direction. That is before the whole world goes electric and mechanics get replaced by auto electricians.

Trust me on this buddy, there is NO such thing as a toned down project! Everyone has their own budget and everyone has their own time scale/agenda, but what is common place amongst us all is to get the very best out of what we are doing to our beloved chariots! |B

Well after years of doing things bit by bit, such as a full engine build. I finally got the car into the workshop. With an "at all costs attitude" the full rebuild started in june 2014. So far the only thing to take real time has been the sourcing of parts (new wherever possible). Its due out I hope for this coming summer but I can wait. Having started wow can you upgrade. Maybe ive watched to many episodes of overhaulin but thats the standard I hope to achieve.

yes I did. As its running an auto box the cam was re-profiled to be only slightly warmer.The guys who machined the block and heads etc did this for me. It was a combination of advice from them and dave boss that led me to be conservative. I did by a set of tubular manifolds from Burtons. They are for a 3lt capri but go in without to much fuss and help the engine breath a little better.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.
Sorry for my slow reply, I've been so busy behind the scenes on here lately I have some major catching up to do.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back