Hello Challenge Welcomed

ItalyAli

Car
06 Mazda 6
:p First and foremost I am not very happy... My baby was totaled and I was out lots of money. I'm most familiar with American muscle(first car I ever drove was a 70 Charger with a blower, I told my dad I wanted a car like Dom's dads, 2fast too furious, so we built it!) and I also like European cars, like my totaled baby, Lexus SC. I got a Mazda 6 now, NOT my usual cup of tea. It handles surprisingly well, and isn't quite as lack luster as I thought it would be BUT I am not happy because compared to what I'm used to it doesn't live up to my expectations on excitement. That being said I can't not have a project so I want to see what I can do with this thing. I need suggestions and guidance. I would like to turbo the car but I usually have vehicles that are already turbo'ed so I have no idea where to get started. I know that I will need to alter the fuel assembly and exhaust as well so where do I start and what is the average cost of a project like this?

:p First and foremost I am not very happy... My baby was totaled and I was out lots of money. I'm most familiar with American muscle(first car I ever drove was a 70 Charger with a blower, I told my dad I wanted a car like Dom's dads, 2fast too furious, so we built it!) and I also like European cars, like my totaled baby, Lexus SC. I got a Mazda 6 now, NOT my usual cup of tea. It handles surprisingly well, and isn't quite as lack luster as I thought it would be BUT I am not happy because compared to what I'm used to it doesn't live up to my expectations on excitement. That being said I can't not have a project so I want to see what I can do with this thing. I need suggestions and guidance. I would like to turbo the car but I usually have vehicles that are already turbo'ed so I have no idea where to get started. I know that I will need to alter the fuel assembly and exhaust as well so where do I start and what is the average cost of a project like this?
I know this car is a bad car to work with, perhaps a supercharger will be cheaper and better? This is a temporary car until I can find one of the three cars I want ( Infiniti g35, 325 BMW or Lexus is) so I don't want to kill my pockets on it, I just like to see what I can do to improve performance so I dont have to drive around in a boring slow car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advise ^^^^^ and if you change the exhaust from the turbine outlet to a 3 inch mandrel bent with straight thru mufflers/silencers you will be surprised with the increased response and power|B

Sell it and get the mps version. 260bhp turboed already.
Thank you! I might just keep it since this is temporary. I just like to tinker with my cars, this one doesn't have a lot to tool with, at least the transmission is rebuilt so it's a little peppier than stock.

Good advise ^^^^^ and if you change the exhaust from the turbine outlet to a 3 inch mandrel bent with straight thru mufflers/silencers you will be surprised with the increased response and power|B
I was already on that! Everytime I get a car the exhaust is one of the first things upgrade ;)

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.
Sorry for my slow reply, I've been so busy behind the scenes on here lately I have some major catching up to do.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back