Hello all motor heads!! I need your thoughts on tuning boxes!

B

benk123

Im looking to get more out of my car and Im thinking of getting a tuning box. I like the thought of it moving from one car to another when I wana new car!

I've been looking at this one for my diesel...

(SELF PROMOTION LINK REMOVED)

What you think?

I've read on a couple forums that 'Speedhawk' tuning box is a good way to go but im not sure...?! Comments??

you can get cheap tuning boxes on ebay but I'v also read I should say away from the cheap ones as it is reflected in the results of the box!? Is this true?

COMMENTS PLEASE...I WANT TO GET ONE... IM JUST WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like this tuning box downloads a choice of maps to your cars ECU.

For the money I would think you'd be better off getting a custom remap done.

Ignore the cheap resistor things from ebay that fool the engine intake temp sensors.

Benk123 - Looking at your IP address (relates to Autobulbsdirect I have determined that you also run the company offering tuning boxes.)

Your advertising link has been removed and I refer you to our terms and conditions about self promotion and advertising.

Personally i would avoid tuning boxes like the plague and go for a remap. We used to run tuning boxes on the Vectra diesel 150's and although on some they could give you getting on for a 50BHP increase in power(Yes i did say 50), they can and in some cases cause major engine management issues.