Torque Cars

Hello all motor heads!! I need your thoughts on tuning boxes!

Discussion in 'BMW forums' started by benk123, 20 October 2009.

1. benk123

benk123 Newbie

Car:
    BMW 320d E90
    Im looking to get more out of my car and Im thinking of getting a tuning box. I like the thought of it moving from one car to another when I wana new car!

I've been looking at this one for my diesel...

(SELF PROMOTION LINK REMOVED)

What you think?

I've read on a couple forums that 'Speedhawk' tuning box is a good way to go but im not sure...?! Comments??

you can get cheap tuning boxes on ebay but I'v also read I should say away from the cheap ones as it is reflected in the results of the box!? Is this true?

COMMENTS PLEASE...I WANT TO GET ONE... IM JUST WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Last edited by a moderator: 20 October 2009
  2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    It looks like this tuning box downloads a choice of maps to your cars ECU.

For the money I would think you'd be better off getting a custom remap done.

Ignore the cheap resistor things from ebay that fool the engine intake temp sensors.

3. marti5

marti5 Road Burner

IPSWICH, Suffolk
    Car:
    BMW E38 735i 1997
    I will go with Waynne on this one....get it done professionally

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Benk123 - Looking at your IP address (relates to Autobulbsdirect I have determined that you also run the company offering tuning boxes.)

Your advertising link has been removed and I refer you to our terms and conditions about self promotion and advertising.

5. T4 Ben

T4 Ben Full member

Car:
    1997 Volvo V40 T4
    Personally i would avoid tuning boxes like the plague and go for a remap. We used to run tuning boxes on the Vectra diesel 150's and although on some they could give you getting on for a 50BHP increase in power(Yes i did say 50), they can and in some cases cause major engine management issues.

obi_waynne likes this.
  6. sportycar

sportycar Full member

India
    Car:
    Toyota Innova
    Professional help is must in case of big things like car..