HDI Fun .......Please HELP

p4paco

Tuner
hey, i've got a bmw e46 1999 320D
D for diesel. and my CAT is buggered. i've done some research and found that its not a CAT, its a Particulate filter on diesel cars.
and i noticed on Rover forum that some people have decatted their diesels and still passed the MOT.

i want to decat my car for the benifit of performance. but i'm getting conflicting opinions. apparently diesels are tested on the total amount of exaust crap tht comes out, and that the CAT is not a nesessity as long as i dont go over the predefined limits set by MOT standards.

do ya think it'll pass an MOT without it. i wont be able to afford a new cat after i commision a stright decat pipe built and fitted, and my mot's due in 3 weeks.

more importantly will a decat free up more power, coz i heard that te particulate filter causes LOADS of backpressure, which is partly why diesels rev so slowly i neutral.

any help would be very much appreciated, although i'm not doing anything kinky. :p
cheers

inducion kit

oh and while you're at it, have you fitted an induction kit that gives pleasing results?
i dunno what to get, my budget for that is under a ton. but i want one that comes in it own box, i dont mind getting ducting from B&Q etc,
coz i'm handy like that.

induction is a high priority also, coz the original one's design is really poor