Have you picked up any bad habits

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
In your driving career have you picked up any bad habits?

I tend to to a lot of palm steering and don't feed the steering wheel through my hands. I also tend to cut corners but only when I think the road is clear. I say think because sometimes I get it wrong!!!!

I also tend to cut corners but only when I think the road is clear. I say think because sometimes I get it wrong!!!!
And that's when I have to step in to deal with the insurance argument ;)

Plenty of "bad habits". Enough that I know I won't teach others to drive but I still consider myself a better driver than most (situational awareness for the win |B).

In your driving career have you picked up any bad habits?

I tend to to a lot of palm steering and don't feed the steering wheel through my hands. I also tend to cut corners but only when I think the road is clear. I say think because sometimes I get it wrong!!!!

IMO you need to SEE that the road is clear if you must cut corners and just not THINK that it is clear if you want to reach my age 1 day :)

I tend to brake really heavily and at the last minute. Nearly got caught out a few times I can tell you!

That is hard on the wallet as it appears that you may be thinking of other things than the job at hand namely driving and not reading the traffic flow .V(

I used to rely too much on my reversing sensors, the car was rolling back rather than in gear and I tapped a wall, very embarrassing.

My current car doesn't have sensors, so I'm having to drive it properly again.

Sadly IMO we all get used to all the electronic aids that are in modern vehicles that over time reduce our skills to some extent and can lead some into believing that they are better than they actually are behind the wheel as we become more insulated from our surroundings.