Have you modified your airbox/intake

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It seems that air intake mods are probably the most common mods out there judging by how many people read these articles on our site.

Has anyone on here done any mods to their airbox, intake or manifold/headers?

If so do you have any pictures (Please post them up if you can find them)? What mods did you do? Were they beneficial? What tips can you pass on to other thinking of doing these mods?

My first scooby had a cold air intake custom box. My current scooby doesnt really have room to do the same.
My intake in running MAFless, I suppose that counts as a mod to the air intake.

When I first bought my ZS I modified the OE induction system, removed the resonator box and ran a large hose to the filter housing in its place. It did improve the breathing until such time I fitted a BMC system and custom intake. The 2.5 V6 is using the same factory induction system as fitted to the 2.0 V6 which is poor. So any mods benefit this.

I re-positioned the coolant overflow bottle and have a Finer Filter on a custom ally pipe from the turbo compressor inlet that positions it away from hot under bonnet air exiting the radiator and have cold air inlet from the front spoiler piped and directed at the filter when the car is moving.