Have you ever hit a bird/animal?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've been quite lucky, just hit a couple of birds. My wife hit a fox and a pheasant, neither of which came off too well but the car wasn't damaged more than a slight scratch.

Each time you do it you feel pretty rubbish afterwards. A friend of mine hit a bird, she was quite nervous and the bird was still alive but badly injured and she had to put it out of it's suffering humanely and quickly, I think she's still traumatised by that.

Have you ever hit anything? What happened?

Several...
Two that stick out were both birds and both when I was working security.

First one was a black bird of some kind I didn't see where it landed. I was talking to my call centre, on the loudspeaker, when it hit my windscreen. I cried out and the person I was talking to panicked a little and asked if i was ok?
"Yep, I'm fine, but I'm not going to get to the alarm call I was heading to (sent another officer) and I need you to call Autoglass; I need a new windscreen."
There was a big crack right down the middle and I see it stressing as I was looking for somewhere to pull over and wait. :)

Second was a seagull going through my front grill. I didn't notice until the end of my shift when I found it still in the grill, quite dead but no feathers coming off.

Last edited:
I took out a fox, it was night time, raining, and it just darted out in front of me suddenly. Not a lot I could do and it took out the front bumper and broke the radiator hose leaving me stuck in the middle of nowhere!

2 badgers, one fox and 3 birds. I'm pretty unlucky but it's normal when you live in the country.