Have you checked your antifreeze

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It's time to make sure your antifreeze is topped up and ready for the "EXTREME COLD SNAP" that is being threatened by the over paranoid weather people.

It does degrade over time so it's worth making sure, as a frozen engine block can be a very expensive repair!

It's also worth checking your brake fluid and tyre pressure while you are at it.

Last edited:
I've not checked, but I dropped my car to my mechanic for the annual MOT and service last night, so I'm sure they will do so :)

Ask them, it's not always automatic. Mine also checked my tyre pressures and topped them up for me and scuffed up the brake disc surface so I was quite impressed at how thorough they are.

Some garages i've used think a service is just changing the oil and filter, and ignoring the air filter if it looks clean enough!

That's a bonus. Mine is so dirty they have to plough it first to soften up the dirt then they apply water and clean it.

My car got an oil change two weeks ago, and the mechanic guy also checked and topped up my antifreeze.