Has anyone else noticed this?

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
I've finished installing all my 4 tweets, 4 mids, 2 parcel speakers, sub and amps finally which is exactly what I had in the SRi. But has anyone noticed how much better music sounds in an estate? I dont if its the space or better acoustics but it just sounds alot sharper with the bass.

Will sound a lot better if you sound deaden the panels as well.It's all to do with cabin space and resonance. Put same kit in two different cars, and they will sound totally different. May i ask why you have put parcel shelf speakers in and a sub ?
Mark

I now have my first Estate car and I know what you mean. I put it down to the Bose speakers but it may well be the shape of the car. Time to investigate further methinks!

Ditch the parcel shelf ones, or leave them in if you have cut the shelf and send the signal to the other speakers. Have you got the other sets in the 4 doors or just the front 2 doors. What amps have you got ie mono for the sub and what else.

Loudspeaker installation is a very complex subject. It's as much an art as it is a science. I've heard some very good installations along with some poor ones in large cars.

Listening is also very subjective.

Bose speakers as well! I cannot believe your luck :)

Bose system was what came in the 2.6SRi when I bought it, the saloon, hatch and estate all have the same speaker set-up so it was easy to swap the 2 systems round and hey presto, full bose set-up in the Vectra.

Also, i've ditched the 2 parcel speakers and bought another pairof matching Bose tweets and mids and another 2 channel amp. Gonna have a play and see what I can do as I now have a 6 channel amp and now the matching 2 channel. So i'm gonna bridge the 2 channel and give the sub it's own amp, then run the 6 speakers on the 6 channel :)

Bose system was what came in the 2.6SRi when I bought it, the saloon, hatch and estate all have the same speaker set-up so it was easy to swap the 2 systems round and hey presto, full bose set-up in the Vectra.

Also, i've ditched the 2 parcel speakers and bought another pairof matching Bose tweets and mids and another 2 channel amp. Gonna have a play and see what I can do as I now have a 6 channel amp and now the matching 2 channel. So i'm gonna bridge the 2 channel and give the sub it's own amp, then run the 6 speakers on the 6 channel :)

Sounds like a man with a plan! :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back