GT 4 Challenge

umm.. peer to peer somethingsomethingsomething?? so how does that work?

and get yo ass down to gamestation or game, the platinum version in the used bin(were i got mine) was less than a tenner.

plus if you have a save from gt3 you can trasfer 100,000credits to your gt4 save and trade cars with it too.

tis on ps2 lol. and again game do second hand ones with a years warranty for about 30 pound. (i know its a lot just to enter a compatition but think of all the games you could be playing :p)

Yip - I don't have a PS3 either. It is tempting and I'm waiting for a price drop, its a shame the newer PS3's can't play the older PS2 games as well as the early PS3's. For this reason the older PS3s are going for silly money on ebay.

there is a new ver ps3 coming out soon. 80gig i think.

and the reason they stopped doing the 40gig that was backwards compatible, was because they kept blowing up and reliability issues.

but if you have a ps2 you dont need the first BW/compat one.

I believe there is a white one coming out and a version with a 160GB drive after the 80 gig one. I didn't want to have 2 consoles kicking around - I'd much rather have just 1 and I would probably ditch the DVD player as well.;)

lap time of 7'17.327 for my first run (havent played it for a few weeks so its not bad) no nos was used, away to practice and get a better car setup

tbh with you waynne, i would rather get the 80 or bigger PS3 for one reson, the backwards compatible one was recalled from loads of shops because it kept breaking or blowing up, rather much spend out for the newer one and keep the PS2, than get the BWcompat one and have to fork out for a new one in a while (bit of inside info, my sister is a manager in Game)

lap time of 7'17.327 for my first run (havent played it for a few weeks so its not bad) no nos was used, away to practice and get a better car setup

is that with the 2litre 320i touring car?? if so, i better get on an practice :p

cant have you beating me now can I heh.

waynne, just wondering, are you gonna give a super sexy torquecars sticker and have a thing under the name on the left like i suggested?
and have many memebers got/bought the stickers??
and can i have a smaller, slightly modifyed one for my bike :p

is that with the 2litre 320i touring car?? if so, i better get on an practice :p

cant have you beating me now can I heh.

waynne, just wondering, are you gonna give a super sexy torquecars sticker and have a thing under the name on the left like i suggested?
and have many memebers got/bought the stickers??
and can i have a smaller, slightly modifyed one for my bike :p

lol yeah im using the 320i touring and iv just done my fourth lap with a time of 7'07.394 with a slight mod to the gearing. so wats the best time so far?

i think its mine with 6.52, with a little tweek to the gearing also.

although pgarner could come around and suprise me :p

photo is required to prove that its real, not that im saying your cheating, just saying

i love all this compitition, im getting cracking tomorrow for definate
taking a day of colledge,this is way more important now

will have a time tomorrow for ye
steve, thats a good time for any car man, fairplay

i love all this compitition, im getting cracking tomorrow for definate
taking a day of colledge,this is way more important now

will have a time tomorrow for ye
steve, thats a good time for any car man, fairplay

:) ya, took quite a while to get it that low, a tip, when you are going for your fast lap, always race your fastest ghost. and no need to do the second lap, you get a good enough run up to the start from the first.

i recomend you do say... 5 or 6 laps, have a break, try a different race or do the coffee break (in the licence, for messing around) and then go back to the ring, kinda get a mental block after a while and just cant get faster. might just be me, but still.

havnt tryed beating the 6.52 for 'bout a week.
gonna have to try tomoro. i think the absolute lowest i will be able to get it is around 6.45

Did we set a deadline on this? Is it 10 October? All entries or at least times to be submitted to Prince by say 12:00pm. Winners will need to supply a photo or something.

i think its mine with 6.52, with a little tweek to the gearing also.

although pgarner could come around and suprise me :p

photo is required to prove that its real, not that im saying your cheating, just saying

yeah i know so i need to start spamming, 6.52 pretty challenging time

aye have been trying to beat it and all i can do is match it.

i WILL beat it if it takes me to 11.55pm on the 11th.

i think its just down to improving my lines now really.

the 320I really need a 6th gear as i have topped it out at 200 on a couple of places other than the final straight :/

you left the top gear alone didnt you??

you really need to be doing about 190 on the final straight.

you left the top gear alone didnt you??

you really need to be doing about 190 on the final straight.

nope i tweaked all the gears but i know wat to change now so i should be able to get a much higher top speed and btw i got a time of 6'57.279 (lost about 2 seconds due to 2 minor wall crashes) im getting dangerously close to ur time :D:D

ahhh i managed to get it down a couple aswell :p

just need to not ride a wall on one tricky bit an it should be about 6.45

6'45 now tht will be hard to beat especially since i wont have time to practice and tweak my car much over the next few days but we will se wat happens btw is anyone else still doing this challenge im beginning to feel tht its just us

i think its

me
you
waynne
pgarner
prince???
and someone else
although there might be more that will let it be known nearer the time

i used to be like that, playing NFSU2 for ages, powersliding it round every corner with the skyline or just hammering around in the 106, then i started playing GT4 for a month or so, went back to NFSU2 and its just not in the same league. the physics in GT4 is so much better and so much more lifelike whereas NSFU2 is just arcade, i find it hard to play now as i have changed from the powersliding maniac to a presice and accurate racer, then trying to go back, its just not as good.

just my opinion, but you should give it a go mate, you might like it :p

I totally agree that the likes of GT and Project Gotham are much more realistic...but I like the idea of tuning up the car and making it look superb. The next racer I'm getting is Midnight Club LA (looks incredible and you can customise everything on the car).

P.s. I take corners properly on any racing game lol.

i like a mixture of both types of games and dont find a problem switching between them again prince u should give gt4 a go

well i did start the challenge but i didnt manage to send my time of 6'54 something (the best i could manage, i posted elsewhere tht i wouldnt have time to practice and get a good time) anyways we need a new challenge started and steve u have probably won

ah i see, not quite sure how you would do that with a PS2, would need the network adapter, which i havnt got :/

an thats quite a good time Ukt, only 5 seconds off my time.

practice makes perfect Paul :p

:confused: so as, I think i might have been the only person to enter, does that mean that i won? or it has to be the next one to get the sticker and name thingy??

:( i wanted the name thingy and sticker

lol, we should hold another one, and have the thread stickyed so people dont forget about it PAUL. :p

with the Mitsubushi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car with super stickys (yay or nay on nos, personally dont like it) on Special Stage Route 5?

Last edited: