GT 4 Challenge

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
OK weve talked about this is the favorite racing game thread, so lets get some stuff down for it.

this challenge is open to all members with over 10 posts ( need to have PMs enabled to send in results ) if you dont have 10 posts get posting ;)

Rules are

• NO CHEAT DISCS ARE TO BE USED
  • Car to be used is the BMW touring car.
  • can be done anyway you want - NASP or turboed
  • 1 lap of the 'ring under world circuits
  • results are to be PM'd to Prince, who has agreed to be ref, by 11th October (3 weeks tomorrow)
  • please include time (obviously) and how the car was setup
If this goes well we can look at changing circuits, car, no. laps etc

Last edited:
  • 1 lap of the 'ring under world circuits ( note NOS cant be used under free laps )

does that mean noz is allowed? damn it dont think its right in GT, but then again it makes it a bit harder to get the fastest time for when you use it.

heh, so is nos going to be used?

i personally dont like it, but if other people are going to be using it, i spos i will have to learn to use it :p

are we taking pics on camara phones/digi cams to give a bit of proof of times?

i got a 6.56 in the bmw m3 gtr race car.

i have to buy the touring car still :/ 450,000 is a lot to spend when you've only got 1.2 mill.

i was going to suggest it ut you can seem to PM pics. what i did was save the ghost data as it show the car and time.
would be good as the winners could post them up afterwards for proof

yeah your needing around 600k to buy and tune the car couple of million just isnt enough.

not quite into the 6 mins yet but have shaved a bit of time of my original

its pretty hard sub 7 mins. plus there are only abour 3-4 places that you can really utilise nos safely without spinning/crashing or having to back off the power and break hard.

after you have done this you should be able to do the 24 hour ring endurance to get 1,2 million and an f1 car.

Are we talking about a flying start or a static first run start for our times? I'm still in the 8 mins region - I'd be better off with a lawnmower than the Touring car! :lol:

ahhhhhhhhh i just got the touring car, tuned it up.

and i cant for the love of me get quicker than 7.04, an thats with crashing once or twice.

its so much slower than the M3 GTR Race Car.

waynne a tip, next time you attempt it, go slow the first time, making sure you dont stray off the track, next time go a bit faster an so on. what i was like first time was all over the place hardly on the track atall, but now im doing 7.04's.

this was on one lap, after going 200odd yard past the pits to the start line. not a flying lap, as you get a run up from when you start your first one.

just try try and try again. has taken me mabye 50 or more laps to get to know it this well

Last edited:
lol not a great idea actually...

7 mins a lap(or thereabouts) times 50 = 350.

nearly 6 hours :/

hi fellas,

my computor got 32 trojans = bollicks
im in colledge using this comp,a mate is calling tonight to fix mine
great that gt4 has begun,hope to be back soon

cant wait to kick ass

waynne,
go to the liscence section and i think its the a1 liscence,
but pick the ring with the mercedas cosworth touring car 1992 shape
its the easiest car to use on the track [ i think anyway],its like its set up only for the ring
this is a good way to practise as your not allowed go off the track
but dont worry, the car handels pretty good;)

ha ha,
il make you a pro yet

These actually work way better if you say like;

Nissan Xanavi 350z - Stock setup, Stickiest tyres, all submit your times, go. As in, dont let them up the power, but let them change the settings of the car, ride height and such.

Makes for some VERY close times. Last time I did this (with that car) the times were less than 0.100 different, with images to prove. :) Its alot of fun but I'm saving it for GT5.

The next challenge may be along those lines. The current one allows a bit of freedom of tuning in a car that is actually not brilliantly setup for the track.

TIP - Play around with camber and toe to improve cornering.

indeed, the camber you can push it to about 3-4 without having much difference in breaking but better turn in.

i dont like changing the toe, makes for some bad oversteer, but i spose that if i do it i just have to get used to it, might make me faster if i get it right.
i changed the toe on a club polo(for the polo challange) to plus 1 and didnt like the way it handled.

just a quick check.

how many people are planning to enter this event.

and are you below 7.30?

i am an well below 7.30

Last edited:
lower than 7.04 anyone???

if not, GET PRACTISING :p

and use nos 3 times. once on the first straighter bit on the left hand side of the map where you can full throttle for about 10 secs-bit more then a tightish right hander

then next for the next other straighter bit up the top of the map, and save half of it for the last 2 mile straight and a little squirt for round the pits corner to the finish.

:)

try lowering 5 points aswell and having a little play around with the last gear.

you want to be able to get about 200-210 out of it on the last straight.
in standard tune it will only do 190 if im right.

yes you will not get quite as much pull in 5th but the two places where you are going to be full bore for a while getting high 5ths is on the straighter bits where you will be using nos hopfully.

just keep at it and try and get the best lines, the slower you go into the corner the faster you can exit.
and try to break only when it is absolutly needed.

Yeah i had already lenghthened 5 gear as was used to 230 on the straights.

no going to get much time to get more practice in, but trying for the 7 20s ( over 2 mins faster than what i started with )

I'm in but I can only get 10 mins per day practice in so I don't think I will be any where near the top! I'll make everyone feel good that they are not the slowest;) So don't worry about coming last! ;)

just a bit of an update, so how many people are entering this comp?

so far we have got

Me
Waynne
PGarner
prevtec
Izo Azlion
Prince?
Herb?

and what is going to be the prize? waynne?
something saying GT4 Legend with a time an track name under your name?

sorta like this

Steve09
road burner
GT Legend
6.52 'ring

join date blah blah

Last edited:
aaaaah mine is lower now :p

did 3 laps lastnight and got it down, dont really think i would be able to get it lower, perhaps by one or two seconds but no more.

5.52 :p

perhaps fiddeling with the gearing it will be lower, but im afraid of messing up the setup i have now :/

450,000 is a lot to spend when you've only got 1.2 mill.
It's only 4 races on the second rally course, sell the 2 cars(Toyota rally car for 254,000 of the top of my head x2 = over 500,000) and it's job done.

I had a super quick time round one of the rally courses(Pikes peak car), I used to play the game religiously and looked on the GT4Planet website, was in the top 3 in the world. I did bounce of the walls though!

I used to enjoy doing mismatches, get a really slow under powered car and see if you could beat the computer, I got a 199 point race on the second rally stage and won, think I used the Fiat 500. :lol:

I just done 5 minutes on the ring WOOT WOOT!

To the first shicane! :lol:

I'll send some stickers to the winner! I'll look into having a custom slot for the winner in the left hand postbit.