Grow up

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What car did you want most when you were growing up? Have you owned that dream car? Or was it just a pipe dream?

What is the next car on your realistic, might own one day list?

The lamborghini countach was my dream car growing up never owned one never will!
Realistic car when the 90's came round I always wanted a mk1 golf had the opportunity numerous times but logic always outweighed the heart, I always liked the clio Williams yet again opportunities for me to have one arose but having had 1 rsi and 2 16v's the want wasn't there anymore! The only 3 cars I really wanted and got were the 205 gti admittedly it was the 1.6 but it sufficed. The nova gte yet again not quite the one I wanted I wanted the gsi but couldn't understand why they were £1500 more? And the last one a mk3 astra gsi I bought one as a cat D write off with engine, exhaust, suspension and interior work done for £600 had a whale of a time with that car but later broke it when I bought the Leon for almost treble what I paid for it:cool:

What a stunningly beautiful car MadRod, If you had one of those would you put a modern engine and running gear in it or keep it in perfect showroom condition?

Monteverdi Hai was the one I had a likening for. Will never even see one! On my current list is a Mustang and a Cobra, one day.

In the mid 1980s (I was born in May 1970) I liked the hypothetical idea of a Volvo 760 Estate with a turbocharged V10 engine!!

Yes, really!!

Since then VW/Audi has produced the Touareg with a turbocharged V10 engine. Not totally dissimilar to my mid teens idea of a car I'd like. Big and comfortable but with outrageous perforance. Of course I scoffed at diesel back then. Who wouldn't have done so?

But imagine the impact of that car being launched in 1984!

The only car I can remember from my youth is the Countach, but that was everyone's idea of a dream car back then.

If I had to choose one car now (but not a daily driver), probably a Bentley Blower.

It was the Countach for me too <B

I watched a Top Gear episode once in which James May drove his dream Countach for the first time. He was not exactly complimentary about it with the exception of it's jaw dropping looks. He also stated that you should never drive your boyhood dream cars as they could prove to be a bitter disappointment to you, best to just remember them as a poster on your bedroom wall.

I had a poster of a white anniversary edition Countach in my bedroom.

I saw one for real a few years ago and was surprised how small the wheels were, it just didn't look right by todays standards, my how things change.