Greetings from Canada!

84ZX

Wrench Pro
Car
1997 Audi A4 2.8
I'm an upcoming owner of an 1984 3000zx non-turbo, looking to (try) and push around 300-350 HP, I am quite young and would appreciate any tips from the pros or other Z owners. Thanks.:)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Do you mean a 300zx? How deep are your pockets? A turbo conversion and remap will get you close but not necessarily reliable, I'd suggest fitting stronger rods/pistons to be safe, engine compression will need to be lowered and uprated fuelling.

Why not drop in the twin turbo engine and you'll be virtually there with a reliable solid 300+ BHP. A breakers yard will probably turn up a good donor unit for you.

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
To get your n/a 160hp engine to deliver 350hp is going to take many many $$$$$.
Better to go for the turbo engine swap but then all the other mechanics like brakes, transmission, suspension etc will need to be changed to cope with 3x more energy going through them.
Why not try to get car to handle better 1st or go for a turbo ZX when funds allow

I expected it'd be a big budget hit, however finding an older model Z seems to be impossible.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back