GPS machines

zoozer

I just bought a simple machine for about 150£. I've had the machine for only 2 days now and I will probably throw the map away as the GPS is much easier to use. The only bad thing about it is that it can't pronounce words too well and sometimes you misunderstand what it is trying to say. If anyone is planning to get a GPS I highly recommend it as it will make life easier....

What make is it? I use a NAVMAN on my IPAC which has got me into trouble on a couple occasions. You need to view it as a tool and still take the time to plan the route on paper so you know what to do at the end bit of the journey.

Its a garmin Nuvi, well sometimes its showed a really weird route but you have to use common sense as you use them. If you're really lost and have no idea of where to find yourself on the map a gps will show you at least where you are.

i find that people that regularly use SAT-Nav, become a bit dumb when it comes to knowing your way around.
i dont think you should be using it on repeat journeys.
i also noticed that it reduces concintration levels in general, (although you're better in complex areas you dont know).

Sometimes, the road is not even in the TomTom, so you spend ages trying to find it, going through all the options, different spellings/towns etc. :x

i do have Sat-Nav though, (courtacy of CrackheadsRus :lol: ) ~ so many sat-navs get stolen. So i keep mine at home, unless i'm going somewhere special/far.