Got a newer car!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've finally ditched Diesel and gone back to good old petrol again!

I'm now the proud owner of an A3 1.4 TFSi Turbo 150 COD Sport from 2015! It gave us 47 mpg back from the dealers yesterday so hopefully it will still be pretty good on fuel, compared to our last 2.0 TDI which would do around 50mpg for the same journey. £30 car tax is nice so that's a straight saving against £150.

The Main dealer did us proud, took a bit below book price for the new car gave 2 year warranty with breakdown cover, free insurance, and a pretty generous part exchange offer for our old car. To save the hassle of selling privately we went for this option so it was a quick swap.

I'll post up some pics soon, but still playing with the many tools, gadgets and options.

The engine is quite revvy and the car feels more agile and nippy, I guess due to the lower engine weight.

It's only a basic spec, so no fancy seats, sporty trims or 18inch alloys but it should be cheaper to run in the long term.

Why?
Our old car was going to start costing us money to keep on the road, and as it's our only car we can't afford to be off the road.

The clutch, cambelt and a major service are all likely the next things to need doing and we weren't that happy with the build quality (as most 2006-2012 Audi owners know).

Good choice of car.
The difference between the MPG will offset by petrol being cheaper than diesel, I suspect.

Planned mods?

Congrats on your new Audi Obi|B
I assume you know that TSFI means ?
Turbo Stratified Fuel Injection (Stratified = direct injection into the combustion chamber which may eventually lead to needing the nut shell blast treatment to clean out carbon build up in the inlet ports and backs of the valves)

@TCJBOLDIE - I took my 2.0 TFSI in for a BG intake clean which did the trick. A long slow process but was as good as new. The smaller capacity engines are much better and this one has COD tech, so at times it's only using 2 cylinders and a massive 700cc of capacity. I'll keep an eye on things and report back.

So far MPG seems to peak at 47 and drop to 37, so not much less than I was getting. Still not done any motorway runs in it yet though.

Engine braking is pretty much non existent and this thing just coasts along happily with no throttle.

Mods wise @Lunchmoney it will have to have a remap or piggy back ecu. The wheels are only 17's so don't look great but it does handle well and the tyres are much cheaper than for 18's so I might stick with that.

I'm hankering after a full leather interior though so this may well be an option in the not too distant future.