good tar removing stuff

lutonmatt

The Torque Meister
Car
82 trans am kitt
cleaning the audi today and saw that there was loads of tar up one side from were it was parked i think

what is the best stuff to use to get rid of it

tryed a bit of tfr did not really do much got rid of some

have given it a was and polish today but once i get some tar stuff will clean it again and give it a coat of hd wax for the winter

Sorry cant help you with the answer on this one lm, but thanks for posting it. washed the car this afternoon, and same thing. tiny spots of tar all over front wing and one door. tfr didnt really help.
good luck.

Astonish Tar, Bug and Sap remover at 99p for a 750ml spray bottle is superb stuff for this job.

Really sticky tar (say from a recently sprayed road) is harder to shift. Try WD40 and leave it to soak overnight.

Then spray again, very liberally, and wait some more.

You will wind up having to wash the whole car anyway so why not treat all manner of other blemishes whilst you're at it.

I using a Turtle wax product at the moment (I forget the name) & it does the job but it still needs a bit of elbow grease to shift it all.

I might give the Astonish stuff ago next time. :amuse:

A bit of petrol on an old rag does wonders for shifting tar. You could also use IPA (as used to clean CD's).

IPA? :amuse:

BrewersIPA.jpg

IPA can be bought in maplins. most chemists will stock it but under rubbing alcohol

autosmart TARDIS is one of the strongest tar removers

but remember this, as any other solvent, will strip any wax protection off

I have Tardis. Just the smell sends me high lol. Not tried anything else to can't compare. Then again I've never needed to switch to anything else so I suppose that speaks volumes.

i was looking at this stuff last night

nothing thing i thought about using was carb cleaner dont know if that would work cleans most things and normaly have some at work

got some of the tardis
is great stuff works very well and easy to use

see what you meen about the smell is not a thing you want to use inside