Golf PD 150 owner says hi

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

hello tc!! after doing my cars check up i discovered that the dual mass flywheel needs to be replaced, im wondering whats the best to buy a oem dual mass flywheel or the solid one? thanks :)

thanks, great info. Since im using the car as a daily and considering the traffic i think it will be better to go with dmf or it has nothing to do with it?

Agree totally. I have a 2.0 TDi PD 170. DMF was replaced at around 130,000 miles, cost circa £1000. Get the clutch done at the same time - it's parts only whilst the 'box is out and adds around ninety quid to the bill.

I'd never swap a solid FW in place of a DMF. The DMF is there to protect the whole drivetrain, not just to make things smoother and more comfortable. There are stories of broken crankshafts and worse as a result of a solid FW fitments. The DMF allows the engine a degree of 'independence' from the rest of the transmission, it's not just a case of suppressing rotational vibration downstream of the DMF.

Nice car by the way, far better built than my Passat and the PD 150 is very very tunable.

yeah i ordered a new dmf from vw dealership for about 650$. by the way my first car was a 99 passat tdi with 90hp not a good choice for a project car but i liked it :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back