Fuel price hike imminent

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
With the ultra low £ to $ rate I expect that fuel prices will very soon be hiked to much higher levels than we've been used to.

At the moment I am paying $2.50/American gallon which is around £2.50/imperial gallon :)

No, it was four years ago in 2012, I was surprised myself how long since I last visited.

Gas (petrol) always goes up there in the summer anyway but at that time everybody thought it was up to stay up. You have to pay the cashier first before you pump the gas and I was a bit miffed to find they charged the same for using a debit card as they did for a credit card.

Dang it, I can still remember paying 96 cents a gallon in Kansas in the 90’s.

It was that price in 2014 also. Yeah, the filling procedure is strange to us. I guess too many people made off without paying. As least they refund if you misjudge the amount the tank will take, easy to do with the fuel being so cheap. The Focus we have on this trip was half empty so we guessed $30 but it only took just over $12!

I have no idea how much we paid in 1979 :)

I bought four slices of corned beef the other day and it was £1.60. That's forty pence per slice. If somebody had told me corned beef would cost eight shillings a slice I'd have called them crazy.