From virginia and i have a ford focus svt

dustydb81

Car
2003 ford focus svt
Hi everybody my name is dusty i live in virginia and i have just acquired a 4 door sonic blue 2003 ford focus svt but my buddy blew the headgasket so me and my dad will be in the the process of tearing down the head to send to a shop to be repaired then all put back together good as new. My future plans for my baby will be new hood, headlights,taillights, fenders, body kit, hopefully some lambo doors, interior i would like a new stereo and some floor mats.Im even thinking about some engine mods and a turbo upgrade.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, enjoy our time on here. I hope the repairs go well for you and you get the car back in better than new condition.

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Good luck with the repairs and I look forward to following your project in the future ;)

Thanks everybody got my baby tore down half the way today with my dad hopfully head will be completely off soon had to take a lot of stuff off and away to get it off. Car project gonna take a while this will be my spring summer fall driver and parked during winter ill switch over to my suv then. Most upgrades will be done in the winter just minor stuff the rest of the time since ill be driving her.

yes got the head off yesterday but headgasket kinda looked good no burn spots but my dad said their is a copper ring in the center of piston area looks worn down maybe thats why the compression is off on each cylinder.

About is there a copper ring in the center of the piston hole on headgasket and could of when he heatd up the car they finally were wore down enough for me to lose compression.

I can get car to run but i must keep throttling it he said he seen water down in the head. I dont see any water in with oil just got low compression on cylinders with a wet check 80 is the highest on the 4 cylinder

anybody got ideas on my low compression if its not the headgasket? im hopn it is im taking head to shop hopefully wed if not thurs waiting till my gasket set comes in so i can take everything with me to the shop.

tore car down and noticed there was no thermotat at all in my car went to advance they ake a 180 and 195 thermostat which one should i get?

also i been reading forums about the focus svt thermostat plastic housings goin bad and was thinking about putting a 2000 ford contour dual overhead cam thermostat on it since they are made out of metal. Has anybody done this yet or recommend it?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back