Ford puma enhancemnts plz help!

kayles2011

Car
FORD PUMA RANGE 1.4
Hi guys and gurls!

I have joined this site to get advice on what to do with my sexy lil puma.
Granted its kinda standard at the mo, and a 98 model 1.4 but cumon chaps not all of us have cheap insurance!

I love this car anyway wanted one for ages.
I want to boost the power as much as i can on it without replaceing the engiene cuz i just dont know what im doing, physically i personally wont be fitting parts so plz be as specific and laymonb terms (or whatever u call it) as poss at the same time.

I have money to spend on thsi beauty but want quick and sensible ideas too.

So far got sub sorted and baugth tyhe car with zenox or xenoc ice blue headlights. Not sure which one without checking but they look great and i hear they expensivist type.

Next thing i want is some sexual sporty sound when i accelerate and change gear or whatnot.
Someone said to me back box and induction kiy which ive very nrly baught - until i read just now on another site that for a 1.4 which is classed as small engiene, i would not notice any power boost until over 100mph which i havent done yet and the back box idea sound very beastly for me. Is there any other benefits of the induction kit cuz i could still do the beastly sound of a back box but got suggested i get both of these together??
I have had it suggested that i should get a sporty cone airfilter. What would this do exactly apart from cool down my engiene aand would this come as part of an induction kit?

Also any ther suggestions would be great.

I have replaced wheel arches on this car as i love it so much so i dont care if its cost effective at selling time.

Induction kits and exhaust are mainly for sound rather than power on small engines.

You could look at a supercharger kit, fast road cams or a remap if you want more power.

Looks wise just get a nice set of 16 inchers on it and tint the rear windows and rear lights.

What you do is very budget dependant. Is it just power you were after or handling improvments too? It is correct that you won't see big gains without spending a huge amount, or swapping engines.

A few nice mods for very little cost imo are:

Axle spacers for the rear - Genuine Ford as used on the Racing Puma, avaliable in 10, 12.5 and 20mm. Will widen the rear track and improve handling.

K&N, ITG or BMC panel filter with smoothed out standard airbox and or cold air feed. Can drill holes in the pre-filter side of the box if you want noise. You will see 2bhp at the most.

As for the exhaust, you will see very little from a fairly expensive stainless system. You can't even decat it without buying a whole manifold, in which case you need to be on the look out for a Ford Racing manifold.

A remap will see small gains for around £280 (price of a Bluefin). Probably ITRO 2-4bhp again but improved throttle response and driveability.

I could go on forever but if you want a faster Puma without buying a proper Ford Racing Puma, you need a Ford Racing Puma engine.