Ford Focus TDCI Sport 1.8 upgrades

Hi i currently have a ford focus 1.8 tdci sport which is only 113bhp at the minute. I want to upgrade it so its a faster street car and have about £1000 to spend on it, The body work is all complete now so the £1000 is just for modifications. What can i get done to it? Any help or advice would be appreciated. I was going to buy a Ford Focus ST engine and swap them but the garage said it was too much work and would be too expensive.

alright mate and welcome to torquecars.
best start would be a remap. celtic tuning are showing 150bhp for the 1.8 unit. it would cost around £3-500 depending on where you go and whether its a generic plug and go. or one with dyno runs before and after. If you want to spend a bit more a full custom map would cost a bit more but the power would be set to the car and any mods that are alreay on

Looks nice. PG is on the nose with the tuning tips there. It would be worth spending a bit on the suspension if you want to improve the handling a little. (The TDCi engines are quite heavy so make sure it is a specific TDCi suspension kit and preferably adjustable) A panel air filter will help pull more air into the engine. Another thing I have heard good about is water injection - see the thread in the diesel forum for more on this.

where did get the colour codded body strips ? or have you just sprayed the standard black ones to match the body work ?

look up the top of threads there is one on the 1.8 tdci engines which is the same as in your car

mark

Get a K & N air filter if your gonna change the engine air filter. Looking at reviews and videos on youtube they are meant to be amazing and improve Mpg and Bhp. K&N also give a million miles guarantee. Im gonna get one.

The Ford Focus Owners manual will show you where the Engine Air Filter is located on the car.

The manual in pdf format is at the bottom of this site: http://www.focusplanet.com/

alright mate and welcome to torquecars.
best start would be a remap. celtic tuning are showing 150bhp for the 1.8 unit. it would cost around £3-500 depending on where you go and whether its a generic plug and go. or one with dyno runs before and after. If you want to spend a bit more a full custom map would cost a bit more but the power would be set to the car and any mods that are alreay on

by any chance do you know what the performance figures are after that celtic tune, ie 0-60mph, 50-70mph. cheers

no sorry, it would be hard to say but you would notice it more through the midrange than off the mark especailly with an oil burner ;)

not to worry its more the mid range im looking for but obviously with a diesel there limits tto what you can get, but 150bhp from the original 113 is amazing,