Ford Focus (Eco)boost

Freddy42

Wrench Pro
Car
Ford Focus 1.0 125
I am the proud owner of a Focus 1.0 Ecoboost, Ford's version of a turbocharged 3 cylinder moped engine and feel a bit inferior on here seeing the cars you drive. Having said that, I love the car and, as an apprentice geriatric (75) it's fun to drive.
I have remapped using a hand-held device (not sure if manufacturer can be mentioned) with quite astonishing results, particularly in mid-range acceleration with the advantage that the remap can be reversed if required. The only other mod is a better air filter and, other than spending 150 quids on a reshaped plastic lid for the filter housing, there doesn't seem much else to do.

If anyone has modded a Focus further, perhaps you would provide details.

Freddy

Not sure how far you would like to go Freddy. You are happy now with the performance, does the handling put a smile on your face or does it lack something. Personally, I would make sure that you have good tyres 'Never skimp on these' and performance brake pads. Sometimes with mods 'Less is more' it is quite easy to go overboard and get carried away.

By sheer chance this morning picked up the April edition of Fast Ford and surprise, surprise there is an article on tuning the 1.0 Ecoboost, although the featured car is a Fiesta. They really went for it:- remap, intercooler, induction kit with fancy colour silicon hoses and sports CAT, over £1700.
The performance I have now just from the remap is very pleasing and as you say, puts a smile on my face; the only extra I might consider would be an induction kit. This would clearly make the engine noisier but by how much? (Yes, I know that's not easy to quantify). I don't want to sound like a 737 roaring up Market Street.

An enclosed induction kit will be quieter than an open cone version, it will still make a noise though.