ford focus 2006 2.0 tdci, what can i do to it ideas needed :)???

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
hi everyone, i need some ideas of what to do with my ford focus, its a diesel dont no much about tuning them, am getting k and n panel filter and a piggy back device that changes what the ecu thinks the tempreture of the air going in is, id never heard of one of these before, is it a good idea?? can it damage my car??
also have got disk brake upgrades and new lights front and back, and will hopfully be getting kei force 10 18 inch alloys afta xmas, but thats about as far as my knowledge goes so any further ideas would be great

thanks all
tom

Hi Spike and welcome to TorqueCars. The temperature things are a rip off in my opinion. They do not really even count as a piggy back device. They are basically just a 50p resistor and it just makes the engine run richer, which can cause its own set of problems.

You are much better off with a full remap. This is the single biggest thing you can do to your diesel and will give a bit power gain.

The panel filter is a good idea. You might also consider an intercooler.

Bigger wheels will upset the handling and gearing - are you sure you want to sacrifice this to improve the looks?

yer i found that out this morning when it came, it lookd so cheep and rubbish i thought im not fitting that to my car, fitted the air filter today also, umm yer the wheels mine atm are 205/55/16 and the new ones are 215/40/18 so not sure actualy how much bigger they will be coz of the lower profile of the tyre, how does it upset the gearing??
thanks
tom

i read that link and also i used the calculater at the bottom of the page, and it said it would be -8.48 and that it should be within +/- 15 so is that alright as its not to far out atal??

Yup thats not bad. They must be really low profile tyres then. That percentage is also what your speedo will be out by so be careful. Might be worth getting your speedo recalibrated.

Hi Spike and welcome to TorqueCars. The temperature things are a rip off in my opinion. They do not really even count as a piggy back device. They are basically just a 50p resistor and it just makes the engine run richer, which can cause its own set of problems.
50p your having a laugh maplin sell a pack of 100 for that.

hey and welcome spike.
Defently get it remapped celtic tuning are showing an increase of 35bhp to 170 ( pretty good) and 65 ftlb up to 318ftlb torque (very good) not bad for around £400