Foam vs. Rubber subs

Ciganjo

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic ES 1.8
Im in the market for a sub right now, and i need help on deciding which type of sub to go for. Im looking for around 300W rms sub, but i dunno which is better for sound quality: a rubber or a foam woofer. I always associated foam with cheap, but after doing some research i dont think thats the case anymore, i hear Audiobahn make quality foam subwoofers. Any advice?
Thanks

Audiobahn do actually make some quality subs. I know cause i've got 2 12's.
If your looking for quality looks towards alpines top end subs. They are awesome. JBL also do some quality kit. Others good makes are Pioneer, JL audio and a few others. I'm abit behind with the current subs so i'll do a bit of research and get back to you buddy. ;)

Im in the market for a sub right now, and i need help on deciding which type of sub to go for. Im looking for around 300W rms sub, but i dunno which is better for sound quality: a rubber or a foam woofer. I always associated foam with cheap, but after doing some research i dont think thats the case anymore, i hear Audiobahn make quality foam subwoofers. Any advice?
Thanks

if i was you id go for hifonics brtus subs i got 2 15s in my car and they rock like anything great price aswell

I wouldn't have 15's TBH. They hold the bass too much and can't drop to the really low notes as well as 12's. 2 Decent 12 inch sub will work best in any car IMO.

I wouldn't have 15's TBH. They hold the bass too much and can't drop to the really low notes as well as 12's. 2 Decent 12 inch sub will work best in any car IMO.

thats what i thought but size matters my friend bigger is better and i get were ur coming from but its not as bad as you would imagine i had 2 decent 12s and my currents 15s are beter than them and the bass is as tight if not tighter than the 12s thats what i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy please refrain from using text speak please as per terms and conditions.
I've had 15's but honestly properly set up 12's work alot better.

Buddy please refrain from using text speak please as per terms and conditions.
I've had 15's but honestly properly set up 12's work alot better.

i would say 12s are very standard and it realy depends on what you want ... if your like me u want a lot of big tight bass then yea 12s wud b good buh ive seen it myself with freinds of myn 12sd decent 12s like jbls and vibe subs all failing to keep up ... its all about speaker selection as some subs perform beter

th trick is to go for 15s that have be designed from ground up and not jus 12s with 15" cones

12's are a comprimise. If i'm honest for the best all round sound I would fill the car with 6 inch subs and tweeter to give the best sound overall. But like I say for the comprimise 12's are the better speaker. And trust me when set up right you can't beat them for bass and overall great sounds. I've been doing installs for years and now I would only have 12's purely for the crispiest sound.

thats what i thought but size matters my friend bigger is better and i get were ur coming from but its not as bad as you would imagine i had 2 decent 12s and my currents 15s are beter than them and the bass is as tight if not tighter than the 12s thats what i think.

if size matters then why not go for 18"

i have a double jbl bandpass box with a 2000w max mono block running them bridged,best ever,i tried pioneer,vibe,mtx,fusion,and jvc,i'm driving a vectra now and maybe with another amp it would do some serious damage,especially if you were to put it in a small car like a saxo or something.if you want a good single sub i recomend the jbl single bandpass box its 1200w max and in a small car it would be mental.