First Car memories.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What memories do you have of your first car? I think we all tend to look back with rose tinted spectacles on our first car. can you remember every car you've ever had? Have you ever spent more than you should on a car?

My first car was a 6 year old Skoda 130 Limited Edition Sport. It was a homologation rally car and I loved it. It cam as standard with a 40mm dellorto carb, a Kent road/race cam, ful ashley exhaust, Spax suspension and wider wheels. That thing went like poo off a stick, but blew its head gasket every month. The last time that it went I let it overheat and as a result it melted the center out of no.3 piston and heat seized about 10 mins later. The car only cost me £100 and I would have another. Great fun. :D

My first car was a 1979 Ford fiesta 1.0 and a complete rust bucket, she was called Bertie and i just loved her to bits. She started every time for me and a full tank of fuel used to cost me £15 approx! Unfortunately after having her for 3 years, the rust took over and was gonna cost me far to much to get her repaired, so she went to the big car heaven. :cry:

first car shizzle lol XXXX i got in2 sum serious trble wid my first car, u no starts off with "look i can hanbreak turn" 2 geting rammed into a tree top of box hill :shock: , middle of the mrning lol like 3.40 by some pikey in his
100_0446.JPG
getting pushed in revrse into a tree lol but then we escaped after getting chased down box hill at 60 mile an hour if you bear left at exit of car park, in the middle of fog thicker than a hotboxed car lol speaking of hotboxing a car, there has been maaaaaany occasions where the crummy uk weather stoped us from sitting around like we do in the summer, u no blazing hot all the time, sitting having a bear no no no lol so anyways, we always used to jump in, bomb it off to the shops having races and tyring to drift in the snow lol, buy looooooads of food, bomb it backagain usually too busy admiring munch lol get back to my house, skin up sit back and relax!!! apart that for a couple of years, joint in with parties most sats, suns, and clubbing on the mon, wed, sun after the parties. you know the usual stuff you do, such as seeing who can get the closest to the car infront at 60 lol but yeh my first car lol ta daar :D oh and we sumhow we always found fire, my mate got a firework thorugh his shed [/img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/tytusg/ringoffire.gif[/img]

mch <3

So its you Tommo that sits right on my Boot at 60. Right now I know who you are I can do something about it :lol:

I remember my first car, a Citroen AX 1.1 H Reg. Hilariouse car, no anti roll bar, a fuel guage that was only ever right when the tank was full or empty, 4 gears (still hit 110MPH though, how i dunno lol), and the hand break that couldnt make up its mind to stay on or not :lol: :lol:

You've reminded me about my old Mk1 Astra. it had a dodgy fuel gauge - it was fine on full down to about quarter of a tank then it would stick. I kept running out of fuel - in the end I got fed up and got it fixed but it broke again 4 months later!

:lol: well my fuel guage wasnt accurate due to the face i could go round an island at speed and the fuel light would be on and then as i turned off it would read full tank :lol: and as i drove round like that all the time when i was 17 i never got a true reading

I still have my first proper road car - a metro gti :D

Although its hardly standard now...i have spent over 2k on the engine and thats all 2nd hand bits too :cry:

Well im an old member I guess. First car was a 1957 Ford Popular ( sit up & beg) style paid £65 sold it after 1 month for £60. My second I remember fondly a 1958 Ford Prefect 100E its still the only car that I have bought on tick. It cost £225 a lot of money back then. It was an expensive car to own as an apprentice. My Third was a 1960 Mini remembered fondly by the Missus in our early courting days. Next came an Austin Healey to which I fitted a Supercharger & started a lifetime of fast cars. My present Mercedes SLK is car number 59 ( I own 4 cars at present.)