Fiesta Zetec-S Steering Wheel Colour Fade

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
Fiesta Zetec-S Steering Wheel Colour Fade

c4df_1.JPG

Hopefully the picture and title explains it all.

How would you go about refurbishing the wheel colour?

Pixel.

Is it leather or plastic? It looks like it is a blue to me. I think your easiest option is to replace the wheel, go for a sports leather one.

If its plastic You might get away with painting the faded bit (its going to peel off though if there is any grime left before painting)

If it is leather you could try a shoe cream in the colour you need but it is going to be really hard to track it down.

Ot get a stitched leather steering wheel cover - they can look ok if done right.

Is it leather or plastic? It looks like it is a blue to me. I think your easiest option is to replace the wheel, go for a sports leather one.

If its plastic You might get away with painting the faded bit (its going to peel off though if there is any grime left before painting)

If it is leather you could try a shoe cream in the colour you need but it is going to be really hard to track it down.

Ot get a stitched leather steering wheel cover - they can look ok if done right.

A ford sports leather one sounds nice Waynne, could you track one down for me if you have a spare minute? I hope their not expensive.

Also, would the airbag still work? I kinda want it lol

Try these people http://www.247spares.co.uk/ getting a ford steering wheel pretty much guarantees that it will work with your airbag settings. Have a look at the Fiesta ST steering wheel - that one is quite nice.

Breakers yards are always worth ringing first - this is bound to be the cheapest option open to you. Have a read of http://www.torquecars.com/styling/steering-wheels.php which looks at the aftermarket steering wheel options with a pros-and-cons.

I used to have a red Zetec-s......

Had de same problem, i scrubbed the wheel with leather trim wipes (baby wipe kinda things) and this took ALOT of grime off the wheel!! its more dirt then fade, you will be suprised, i then cleaned it repeatedly with leathe cream cleaner and it looked 10 times better! Still slightly faded but a serious improvement on wat it was like...

Hope it helps!