fiat uno turbo!

Cannot remember the last time that I saw one of those little pocket rockets on the road :sad2: I thought they were a great car back in the day ;)

Hi i have got an uno turbo engine and will be fitting it in to an even older X1/9, should be fun:amazed:

that will be way cool,keep us informed when your doing it.
i remember reading an article in retro cars or practical classics where it said the italian mafia would use uno T's as getaway cars caus' they could turn the boost up to a bar and a half and leave the rozzers for dust.
:blink1:

gingerbrother

Will do mate i have no garage:( so it will start hopefully april time next year.:blink1:

Dave

Use the same mounts don't they Dave?

X1/9....now that's a rare car now, yet oddly there's one sat on a driveway round the corner from me. Whereabout do you live chief?

MasterAuron

Yes mate all the same just have to use the X1/9 cam housing with the dog bone mounting, but they are the same block Unos just a bit shorter:).

I live in the arse of England, Norfolk in Great Yarmouth;).

Dave

MasterAuron

Please tell me more, is it bored out or a stroker crank, what rods and pistions are used that kind of stuff
Cheers
Dave

Sorry mate I meant valves not head! X1/9 block and head with GT valve assembly. GT crank and crank pulley. GT rods and 87mm pistons to suit the 1500 block. GT inlet and exhaust manifolds. 9:1 or higher comp ratio can be achieved depending on pistons and hg thickness mainly. Obviously you will need oil feed and returns to the turbo but that's easy enough and water feeds/returns even easier. Boost piping and IC simples. Only thing is you will need standalone management to make it all work.

I'm looking at one about 6' from my office window here! The owner has two, one white, one red. Both suffering from tinworm but don't they all! The white one is unmolested and pretty low miles from what I remember.