Fiat Ulysse 1.9TD

trooper

Track Warrior
Hi guys, i am looking to exchange my trooper for something with more interior room, cause i need more space for my dogs, their cages and equipment.
I have been offered a Fiat Ulysse 1.9TD EL, 1997 plate, 83500 miles, MOT'd until next June, alloys, c/l, fogs, elec mirrors & windows, elec and heated seats etc etc for £1500. There is no rust on the body and overall looks in good condition, but i dont know much about the car!
Has anyone heard any good or bad points about the car? And do you think its value for money?
I only have 48 hours to think about it, so can you let me know what you think?
Cheers guys

Its a better choice as a people carrier than Ford Galaxy/VW Sharan/SEAT Alhambra rival the sliding door is a bonus - you might find the dogs prefer this! IT is a sensible choice - the only downside IMHO is the build quality of Fiats in general.

Watch out for parking bumps and scrapes from drivers that are unused to the car's size. Check also for uneven front tyre wear using a dept guage or a matchstick and your thumb (inside and outside should be roughly the same). There may be possible electrical faults so check all lights and switches. Due to the nature of the sliding door, look for worn or sticking runners. Make sure it's been regularly serviced also!

Can we still call you Trooper though. (What about a Hummer?)

Thanks Waynne

Of Course you can still call me trooper, cause i will get another trooper at some point. I must admit, the trooper is the best car i've owned and would have no hesitation getting another.
If i could get a LWB Trooper, i would take that, but they are hard to come across in good condition at a sensible price.

Cheers

Ann