fiat punto need help

luigipunto

Wrench Pro
hi people,

i need help from you guys,

i want an exhaust for my punto mk1 but can not find one that will fit. i want either a back box or the whole system. i have about £200 to spend and i want either a 3" single or a dual exhaust.

can any one help me as i am desperate to make my car sound better.

cheers

luigi

Pico do a range of 'Universal back boxes' that fit on anything - you might need a custom join to cope with the size difference. Have you looked in our POTN shop - there might be some useful bits in there. I'll let you know if I come up wih anything definate for your car though.

Hi Luigi.

When I wanted a bespoke exhaust for my Alfa 33, I took it to a local garage (I know, before you say anything Waynne, I was lucky that the owner was Pete West). They custom built a system to my requirements. They basically took off the shelf, formed tubing and welded it to fit the underside of the car, attaching mounting points as required. Have you tried Supersprint, I have a system from the Cat back on my Coupe which was ironically cheaper and quicker to obtain than going through a main dealership.

A cheaper option, from my youth, is to go around your local exhaust dealerships and asking if you can search through their waste metal skip for suitable sections, free from corrosion and making up a system yourself, assuming you have the option to perform the welding yourself. One friend of mine actually managed to fit a single box system to a 131 Sport using Saab parts - he had the advantage of working for the garage though.

Good luck

Gavin

I have a Janspeed cat back exhaust on my Punto, was a straight-on fit with oval exit, and it performs beautifully. Sounds sexy but not too loud, and the car seems to pull cleaner too. Get one from pretty much anywhere, you should be able to find one on http://torquecars.potn.com

Last edited by a moderator: