Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Island Time - What piece of equipment would you really like in your garage?

Discussion in 'Tools & Garage' started by old-git, 1 February 2011.

1. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Re: Fantasy Island Time - What piece of equipment would you really like in your garag

No your right I wouldn't touch a car off him.:lol:
    Can't remember exactly but the new owner wasn't happy and ended spending loads to put it right.

2. Big Fat Fatty

Big Fat Fatty The Torque Meister

Dorset UK
    Car:
    Accord VTEC Sport
    Re: Fantasy Island Time - What piece of equipment would you really like in your garag

I read somewhere that they use members of the film crew to act as potential buyers for their cars, is that true?

3. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt

i,d have a four post ramp,fully kitted out by snapon,oooh and a garage big enough for it all.

4. Dakry

Dakry Wrench Pro

Cornwall, United Kingdom
    Car:
    Rover 418

Well this is an old thread but one that has caught my eye so...

Dream machine would have to be a C&C miller. Would allow me to design parts in solid works and just machine them. If there were any problems then all I would need to do is redesign, smelt down the old in my forge and recraft. I would actually like to save for said machine as well >.> will have to see what the future holds.

Dakry.

5. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood

I take you mean a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) mill? :)

I bought one last year, second hand, for £850. Still learning about it. If you get one, make sure you can use it manually as trying to mill without a program using the jogging feature is a pain. I am beginning to think that I may convert it back to manual and sell the computer controls as the time taken to draw and program isn't worth the effort, apart from the fun side.

If you ever get a Mill, get the biggest you can afford as rigidity is everything and you soon want to make something that won't quite fit (I know, already been there). A big, old British machine will beat a new Asian machine every time.

6. VRoy6

VRoy6 Torque Junkie

England, UK
    Car:
    Jeep Grand Cherokee

All of the above

7. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt

It would have to be a 2 post ramp!.

8. lexus8

lexus8 Tuner

New Zealand
    Car:
    1991 Hilux Surf

As here in NZ you have to have a special permit for a pit , I would like a 2 post hoist and as other have more than 1 a Mig welder and " Chip Fooses " team for a couple of weeks

9. Dakry

Dakry Wrench Pro

Cornwall, United Kingdom
    Car:
    Rover 418

Thanks for the advice and feedback OG. I didn't honestly realise that they would be around that price. I was expecting (and have only really seen) them to be up in the 10's of thousands knocking around. Though I see what you mean by wanting to make bigger parts within a short time XD Dreams eh? And if I had it, it would be instantly bolted to the floor with many thunderscrews.

10. VRoy6

VRoy6 Torque Junkie

England, UK
    Car:
    Jeep Grand Cherokee

I'd really like a rolling road.

11. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi

Zooey. Sorry newbies. It's an old joke. :)

12. aston

aston The Torque Meister

Near Salisbury, Wiltshire
    Car:
    VOLVO,MERC,VW

Yes that is true, a classic dealer friend of mine( www.eclecticcars.co.uk ) somehow ended up with the 944 turbo, reckoned it was a shocking bodge, He was telling me all the punters are members of the film crew and all cars go to the same dealer to be punted out.

My dream garage would have a large open fire|BBQ. A large fridge, Full tea making facilities, my entire collection of PPC magazines . a really comfortable 3 piece suite , a Good Radio , full on WI-FI and Wife exclusion Zone.

13. tlrobb

tlrobb Newbie

uk
    Car:
    punto
    tyre changing machine and wheel balancer

14. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Pro Tuner

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    A 2 post hoist in my man cave and and a wife proof lock:lol:

15. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    @TCJBOLDIE I like the wife proof lock - but does such a thing exist? Mine can happily use an angle grinder.

16. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Pro Tuner

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    She can't if the angle grinder is the man cave and protected by a W P L:lol:

obi_waynne likes this.
  17. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    She keeps it in her hand bag, with all those other hand items!

18. Olley

Olley Track Warrior

Ruislip, England
    Car:
    E30 touring 325i
    The progress I've made in the last few years I now need a lathe, mill, ramp, sand blaster, tig welder, tube bender, tube notcher, sheet metal bender, guillotine.

Pretty much a fabrication workshop, and engine building room.

Of course I still don't actually have a garage!