Exotic/Tuner/Muscle/Hotrod

all the power is for straight, not for cornering, muscle/hotrods are for drag racing.

when did a jap car beat a muscle on straight?
look dude,
when we think about muscle cars, its automatically american cars that we think of.

muscle means pulling power, strenght bla bla,
jap cars can be faster, and have more torque than so called muscle cars
and il i was saying is, could some jap cars be called muscle??

if not because of america owning the title of muscle, thats fair enough
but what about the germans and their buggatti veyron?? but id say thats not a muscle car, yeah right,

mate, wake up, any car that beats a so called muscle car (american)
should automatically earn its title as muscle, and if thats not good enough for you, what about muscle destroyer

america has always been able to make things go fast in a straight line
japs, germans, italians can all do it now too, but make theirs go around corners also

look dude,
when we think about muscle cars, its automatically american cars that we think of.

muscle means pulling power, strenght bla bla,
jap cars can be faster, and have more torque than so called muscle cars
and il i was saying is, could some jap cars be called muscle??

if not because of america owning the title of muscle, thats fair enough
but what about the germans and their buggatti veyron?? but id say thats not a muscle car, yeah right,

mate, wake up, any car that beats a so called muscle car (american)
should automatically earn its title as muscle, and if thats not good enough for you, what about muscle destroyer

america has always been able to make things go fast in a straight line
japs, germans, italians can all do it now too, but make theirs go around corners also

now germans, italians, etc..... bugatti is counted as exotic. i did this thread about these type of cars because they are all powerful and all on their own way, now this, this is a debate between muscle and tuners, but both are cool, you know what i mean? both are good on what they are.

I think a few peeps are getting confused here as to the term 'muscle car'. It was coined from the last 60's and 70's American small car large cubic inch package and stuck. Hotrodding and two lane black top etc All about big V8s and straight line drag racing. It more or less died when the muscle car era died but stuck regardless. The latest offering being the Impala SS and that was some time ago.

Today's cars are GTs, sports or supercars, I would not place them in the muscle car category purely because they do not fit as they are too special and too modern and handle!

Just think back to The Fast and The Furious ending, 'Detroit Muscle' vs Jap. Also XXX where he drives the Pontiac GTO.

Today's cars are worthy of their own name and cannot compare to the 60's and 70's as that was pure bhp and proper advertising with little or no refinement.

I'll probably get flamed, but what the hell!

I think a few peeps are getting confused here as to the term 'muscle car'. It was coined from the last 60's and 70's American small car large cubic inch package and stuck. Hotrodding and two lane black top etc All about big V8s and straight line drag racing. It more or less died when the muscle car era died but stuck regardless. The latest offering being the Impala SS and that was some time ago.

Today's cars are GTs, sports or supercars, I would not place them in the muscle car category purely because they do not fit as they are too special and too modern and handle!

Just think back to The Fast and The Furious ending, 'Detroit Muscle' vs Jap. Also XXX where he drives the Pontiac GTO.

Today's cars are worthy of their own name and cannot compare to the 60's and 70's as that was pure bhp and proper advertising with little or no refinement.

that's cool what you're saying and agree with the facts. well today muscle it's not what it was, just the name remains, because it is more like nostalgy and power.

now germans, italians, etc..... bugatti is counted as exotic. i did this thread about these type of cars because they are all powerful and all on their own way, now this, this is a debate between muscle and tuners, but both are cool, you know what i mean? both are good on what they are.
i agree. both are cool machines,
but im not saying japs should be called muscle, but if they can beat muscle cars in a straight line, and they shouldnt be called muscle, what should they be called??

muscle is a 60s - 70s thing so, i can understand that

a jap car with huge power so is called a gt??

all them made their own names, they are named tuners, and that's what they are, and the competition always goes on between these categories.
on the tuners, there aren't just jap cars, you have european too, like golf, peugeot 205gti, etc.
and don't agree that jap can always beat muscle in straight, except if they have luck.
no jap car will beat a muscle, unless its tuned to outragious bhp, i know that, but they are jap cars that will destroy a muscle

thats your point, i know some japs can beat a muscle

end of story mate

here are the jap cars that hopefully can beat muscle: skyline and supra
here are the muscle that can beat jap cars: charger, pontiac GTO, firebird, mustang, corvette, chevelle, roadrunner, challenger, cougar, etc....

here are the muscle that can beat jap cars: charger, pontiac GTO, firebird, mustang, corvette, chevelle, roadrunner, challenger, cougar, etc....
so now your saying a skyline and supra can beat muscle cars??
make up your mind mate, and just accept than some jap cars can piss all over american cars

american ego, what a load of ./............

so now your saying a skyline and supra can beat muscle cars??
make up your mind mate, and just accept than some jap cars can piss all over american cars

american ego, what a load of ./............

ok mate, don't get angry, just a debate. i'm a muscle fan, so that's it.
yea, jap cars can beat muscle if they're in right hands.

ok mate, don't get angry, just a debate. i'm a muscle fan, so that's it.
yea, jap cars can beat muscle if they're in right hands.
thank you for admitting that its possible,im not angry, i just hate when people think they know better, when in reallity, they dont have a clue

What about the Nsx, Mitisi Evo, Subaru Impreza, All these with the right tuning will destroy any muscle car. Anyway it's not about power it's about setup. Your amercan muscle may have all the power in the world but remember the japs know how to transfer this power to the floor a hell of alot better than the yanks do.....

but you need to know as well, a jap car needs to be tuned twice or more than a muscle to beat it.
it does, i know that too, but my point is, it can be done

so lets go back to the start, and a yes or no answer will do

if a jap car has the power to beat a muscle car, can it be called a muscle??

I think we need to define each class (FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME WHERE I AM WRONG OR TO EDIT/REWORD/PHRASE WHAT I HAVE WROTE)

T=tuner M=muscle E=exotics

Tuner: Huge potential for visual and engine mods over M and E. The
average engine is smaller than M and E hence it has the lowest power. The overall handling is better than M but not as good as E. The most versatile of the classes since it can be used for drift, drag, time attack etc.

Muscle: Potential for engine mods is very good but the visual mods is the lowest out of all the classes. This class is not commonly modified. Did have the biggest engines but nowadays E has similar size engines. Handling is poor hence its common use in drag.

Exotics: Again potential for engine mods is very good. Visual mods are better than M but again this class is not often modified. Has the best handling out of all the classes. Extraordinary costs mean tht this class is rarely used on the track in proper competitions.

This IMO is wat makes each class therefore to call a tuner car a muscle just because it can beat a muscle car, dont forget tht a tuner can also beat an exotic, wat would u call it then?

I left out hotrods because they are basicly muscle cars and if u want to include hotrods then u should also include lowriders.

I think we need to define each class (FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME WHERE I AM WRONG OR TO EDIT/REWORD/PHRASE WHAT I HAVE WROTE)

T=tuner M=muscle E=exotics

Tuner: Huge potential for visual and engine mods over M and E. The
average engine is smaller than M and E hence it has the lowest power. The overall handling is better than M but not as good as E. The most versatile of the classes since it can be used for drift, drag, time attack etc.

Muscle: Potential for engine mods is very good but the visual mods is the lowest out of all the classes. This class is not commonly modified. Did have the biggest engines but nowadays E has similar size engines. Handling is poor hence its common use in drag.

Exotics: Again potential for engine mods is very good. Visual mods are better than M but again this class is not often modified. Has the best handling out of all the classes. Extraordinary costs mean tht this class is rarely used on the track in proper competitions.

This IMO is wat makes each class therefore to call a tuner car a muscle just because it can beat a muscle car, dont forget tht a tuner can also beat an exotic, wat would u call it then?

I left out hotrods because they are basicly muscle cars and if u want to include hotrods then u should also include lowriders.

excellent explanation. lowriders are style cars, they don't get in the performance cars, that's why i didn't count the lowriders.

it does, i know that too, but my point is, it can be done

so lets go back to the start, and a yes or no answer will do

if a jap car has the power to beat a muscle car, can it be called a muscle??

No. A muscle car is a genre; a series of American cars built in the late 60s and early 70s. They had V8 engines and were affordable to the man in the street.

Straight 4 and 6 cylinder (or even V6) cars do not meet this criteria, so think of something else (and original) to call powerful Jap cars.

No. A muscle car is a genre; a series of American cars built in the late 60s and early 70s. They had V8 engines and were affordable to the man in the street.

Straight 4 and 6 cylinder (or even V6) cars do not meet this criteria, so think of something else (and original) to call powerful Jap cars.

See post 44 ;) at least us older ones agree on something.

ok then, all this #!#!#!#! just to find out can a jap car be called a muscle,
jesus christ, any normal people around

If you want normal people then I think your in the wrong place buddy...
Look Muscle is about have more Cubic inch of engine than bhp. They have more torque than anythin with most havin only 4 gears.
Jap is about High Rpm's and big bhp using technology.....

i dont know what to call them, that was my point, can a jap car with lots of power be called a muscle?? a no would have done

If you want normal people then I think your in the wrong place buddy...
Look Muscle is about have more Cubic inch of engine than bhp. They have more torque than anythin with most havin only 4 gears.
Jap is about High Rpm's and big bhp using technology.....
that was a joke, if i wanted normal people, i certainly wouldnt talk to you lol:D