Torque Cars

exhaust

Discussion in 'Vectra' started by scouser, 28 September 2014.

1. scouser

scouser New member

Liverpool England
    Car:
    vectra sri cdti 1.9
    Iv got a 06 vec cdti
    Can anybody tell me if I can fit the dual exhaust back boxes from a 2.2 vec 03 plate I need to no if the centre pipe on exhaust is the same size so the rear boxes just fit straight on or do I need some sort of flexi connection over it . Mine is a 1.9 thanks

2. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Don't know the car.

Don't use flexi pipe.

Find out the pipe sizes. If the same then buy a section of pipe with the ID equal to the OD of existing pipes.

If pipes are of different sizes, then buy a reducing connector with IDs to match the ODs of your pipes.

3. scouser

scouser New member

Liverpool England
    Car:
    vectra sri cdti 1.9
    Nice one iv been told it should fly on was just seeing if you guys said the same that's what I ment a reducer couldn't think of the word lol
    Thanks for your help