ex bike race head now into rally race cars but need advice on my g101 daihatsu charades handling etc

mrmx

Car
g101 charade
hi all,
this looks like a good place to start. im an ex bike racer for 30 years & moved into cars over the last decade. ive got an old datsun 1200 rally car, group A rallyart evo 1 & a track/street evo 3 but i have now got the charade for a daily driver. i thought this car would be a good wee handler being so small & light but i was very wrong so
was wondering if anyone could advise me on the handling of my g101 charade as i know nothing really about them.

thanks in advance

None of the other cars you have are Front wheel drive and being quite a short wheelbase it should handle like a Mini after a few suspension tweaks,
The Charade needs a different driving technique to get the best out of them.

yeah you are right they require a different driving style but ive raced a mini to (not mine & other cars also) ..but if you ever get a chance go for a drive of a standard ( not a flash model, just nana's car charade) & push it a bit they are very disappointing ie.. a standard nana mini will kill one of these in the twisty's they are that ugly...lol

thanks st24, its quite friendly here... & that i like, been a bit weird on other forms/blogs. ta guys

Nana spec cars can become sleepers with the right mods;)

I was thinking about the Morris Mini not the BMW Mini

yip i know thats why im asking these relevant questions.. he he. & it was the old 1275gt & to be honest there is not much that will keep up with their mid corner speed including the super charged mini. its like they are on rails, infact it wanted to get up on two wheels before it wanted to slide or under steer...go the mighty mini!

Hello there and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's great to have you along. Thanks for joining up.

I'm sure you'll find us very friendly and helpful, get involved in our many topics and threads and feel free to ask for tuning tips and solutions to problems in our technical and make and model forums. ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back