engine swap MK4 2.0 to 1.8t

icarus

Car
1999 VW golf GLS
ok first off never did an engine swap. i found an engine and i want to know what people think of the swap including what other stuff i will need to buy and how hard it will be to match it up with what i already have. i have the 1999.5 VW golf 2.0L the 4 door hatch back with engine code AEG. and this is the info on the new engine.

This is 1.8T AWP VW ENGINE ,it came out from 72000 mils 2005 JETTA GLI. ITEM IN GOOD CONDITION, CLEAN NO OIL LEAKS.
SELLING AS COMPLETE ENGINE WITH EVERYTHING ON IT .TURBO ,HARNESS, ECU, ALL PIPES ,ALL PUMPS ,ALTERNATOR,CLUTCH ,EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR COMPLETE ENGINE SWAP. cost 1,900

so opinions! and will i need a new transmission or gear box? how hard will this be and what else might i need? like wise what questions should i ask the original owner such as does it have this or that included and so forth?

for what is actually needed to do a proper conversion there is no point mate. if the same model has the engine you want to fit it is almost always cheaper/easier to buy said model.

you need engine, turbo, manifold, downpipe, ecu, loom, clocks, immob box, immob transponder, gearbox ( or at very least uprated clutch) then you have to think about the brakes, uprated ARB's,suspension etc etc

Personally, sell the 2.0, buy a 1.8T!