Engine swap for my Peugeot 206 1.1

F

furny

Hello all,

I currently have a Peugeot 206 1.1 entice petrol, its not been modified in anyway but I definitely want to start.

After looking around it seems I'm best to go with an engine swap.

My main questions are:

What budget should I set ?
Are any other modifications required ?
Which engine should I go with ?

I am new to the whole world of modification so any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Welcome mate.

Unfortunately for you, dropping a bigger engine is a lot more work then what you think.

1. Only options would either be the gti 180 engine or the gti 140 engine otherwise it will be pointless doing an engine conversion with any thing else.
2. Neither share similar mounts with any other TU engine.
3. Due to the difference you'll need mounts, suspension gearbox loom and ECU and if I am not mistaken, steering UJ and rack.
4. Also need gti180 or 140 dash and all the gubbins, such as speedo etc.
5. Sub frame will need changing too...

As much as I love modifying cars, that's a bit too much work and too expensive.
Best bet will be to save up and buy the gti 180 model and have all the perks aswell. So leather seats, climate control traction control etc.

The only other engine that would fit which I think is a straight swap is the TU 1.4 engine.

Not sure how the engine mounting situation is with the HDi diesels but the high torque/low rev/low weight combination is great fun.