Engine swap 1.25 to 1.6 zetec

fezzafii

Torque Junkie
Car
Fiesta MK5 1.25
Hello,

Looking at doing an engine swap in the near future on a mk5 fiesta, currently a 1.25 zetec. Now I know a lot of people opt for the 1.7 puma engine, however I was wondering if a 1.6 Zetec S engine would go in with less hassle? Only thought this as surely I am not going to need wiring looms etc with the puma, will the 1.6 zetec be more compatible?

Cheers,

Adam

PM'd Waynne regards Moderation
-----------------------------------

makes sence, but depends on whether the 1.6 has more sensors or not. you will still need the ECU and possibly stronger/ stiffer springs for the extra load

What does this mean? Did I put this in the wrong section or something?

Cheers,

Adam

hey i havent been on the site for very long time now, bout 6 months, unfortunatly had a shed load of things on, one after another, but im back now, used to be in the rover furom but now have a mk4 fiesta and am thinking of doin the same swap, i have also thought about turboing the existing lump, what are your thouhts?

The swap would be easier and better IMHO than a turbo setup. You've also got to bear in mind the reaction of your insurers when you tell them about the mods, an engine swap is usually still within "parameters" wheras a turbo will typically require you to get an engineers report done.

thanks for the advise food for thought i think, unfortunatly being engaged with my partner going bk to college and a flat and 2 cars soon to be one and only being on 85 notes a week (mechanics appreinticeship wage), i think i should realisticly be looking at more cheaper options :( i miss having a quick good handling car:(:(

Did you do the swap in the end? im looking to put a 1.6 Fiesta engine into my mk5 1.25, just wondering what needs to be done?

thanks
connor

Hello,

Looking at doing an engine swap in the near future on a mk5 fiesta, currently a 1.25 zetec. Now I know a lot of people opt for the 1.7 puma engine, however I was wondering if a 1.6 Zetec S engine would go in with less hassle? Only thought this as surely I am not going to need wiring looms etc with the puma, will the 1.6 zetec be more compatible?

Cheers,

Adam
Hi mate, did you do it?