engine re maps

ScoobyRob

Car
Impretza Turbo
a quick question guys if i want to have my classic 2000 scooby re maped will i have to get a new ecu or can it be done with the standard exisiting one?

There is a company called nistune they make circuit boards to upgrade ecu,s,i am not sure about scooby ecu as to wether they can be remapped,if you need to upgrade it may be worth contacting nistune to see if they are able to do a board for a scooby to get one fitted to my skyline it was about £640,cheaper than an ecu!!.just put nistune in on google and you will be able to find web site.Abbey motorsport fitted mine,made hell of a difference!. Hope this helps!.

thanks for that i do live near the scooby clinic and they do aftermarket ecus that are programable from about 600 quid which from what youve just said seems pretty good

thanks engine mods are somthing im looking at further down the line am going to improve the handling and brakes before and power increases

i had it serviced when i first got the car at the begining of march they checked the car over and sorted a few jobs that needed doing for me to make the car right engine work will be going to them but will do other jobs myself where i can

no it was my first time there so had a coffee in the waiting room while the service was done then had the leaking rocker cover gaskets done and had to leave the car there for a few days i may be getting some discs and pads for it tomoz as they are getting a bit low so may as well do them while the wheels are off as they get to know me they may let me have a look round

Mate just have a wander round.
You want the barn opposite the reception. There is loads of interesting things in there.
Last time I went they had a TVR Cerbera project with a Skyline engine. ;)

Mate they still could be customer cars depending on what is being done to them.
Parts arriving, other jobs etc.
I've known them to have some of the bigger jobs there quite a while due to finding parts and stuff.

Mapping isnt just about changing a chip or ecu . The fatc that a preprogrammed chip can improve things a fair bit just shows what could be done. a map set up specifically for your car wil always improve things if done properly and the more an engine is tuned the more a proper map is important.

Different ecus have different capabilities ( 8 bit 16 bit etc ) as well as different extra features
The proccessing power aloows more variation as the increments are smaller .
thus a 16bit ecu will actually have 1 "mapping square" where a 32 will have 4
More choice = more power and smoother delivery.
Even the best tuner cant map a 8 bit ecu as wll as someone sensible wirth a 32 bit one.

plus the better ones have extra features like switchable maps and variable launch control

Mate just have a wander round.
You want the barn opposite the reception. There is loads of interesting things in there.
Last time I went they had a TVR Cerbera project with a Skyline engine. ;)
Must have needed a decent engine!!!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Speak to Pat Herborn at ScoobyClinic or the owner Kevin Knight.
They can Ecutek remap your M/Y 2000 ECU. This pre-supposes that it is an M/Y 99-00.
If it is prior to that date you will need an aftermarket ECU or board which can be specifically mapped to your car. They usually do this on their DynoDynamics rollers followed by a road test.
Their phone number 01246590807.